Weight Loss 2019

An update on where my weight loss/fitness is.

I had 7 weeks at the start of the year where I had a very disciplined diet and managed to lose 16 pounds (15st 3lb>14st 1lb) without any real exercise.
Then my Birthday came round and I overate for about a week.
The next two weeks were not bad but I snacked too much and didn't exercise.
I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in over 2 weeks and I'm 14st 1lb.
So not actually gained anything but stood still for the best part of 4 weeks.

The days are brighter and longer now and it has (generally) warmed up and I'm feeling itchy to get out for a jog/walk up the coast.
The garden also needs some work and I'm looking forward to sweating a bit doing that.
I got the free weights out from under the bed and dusted them off and have moved the ironing pile off the exercise bike.

I'm dangerously close to doing some sustained exercise!

Trying to get as much off as possible leading up to a big blow out next weekend. Think I’ll just scrape into the 16 stones before going down to London

Been ill again three days of antibiotics left to take and weight back to10 stone 10 lbs off diet for three weeks decided to be a dork today and hit training hard.

So pushed myself for distance doing grand until left knee gave way, fell onto rocks, cut left side of temple and blacked my eye. Pulled Achilles hamstring left leg, which went twang. Right ankle shin/calf swollen to size of my thigh bugger.

So cut, washed cleaned and savalon on face, ice pack on black eye and tendon. Right foot/leg in bucket cold iced water. Went the whole hog feel sick just ate big 1 litre tub of vanilla ice cream with lemonade, because that pissed off.

Anyhow, crown fitted tomorrow and diet starts again. Mind been throwing weights about, doing crunchies and press ups so have put muscle on and tone up the stomach bow 31 inch waist and small T-shirt.. last tine for that was age 32 lol.

Calorie counting again from tomorrow, 10 lbs to go not bothered how long it takes, but will do it. Good luck to all in the battle, you can win the war!!!

Trying to get as much off as possible leading up to a big blow out next weekend. Think I’ll just scrape into the 16 stones before going down to London

Good on you fella!

Last edited:
Been ill again three days of antibiotics left to take and weight back to10 stone 10 lbs off diet for three weeks decided to be a dork today and hit training hard.

So pushed myself for distance doing grand until left knee gave way, fell onto rocks, cut left side of temple and blacked my eye. Pulled Achilles hamstring left leg, which went twang. Right ankle shin/calf swollen to size of my thigh bugger.

So cut, washed cleaned and savalon on face, ice pack on black eye and tendon. Right foot/leg in bucket cold iced water. Went the whole hog feel sick just ate big 1 litre tub of vanilla ice cream with lemonade, because that pissed off.

Anyhow, crown fitted tomorrow and diet starts again. Mind been throwing weights about, doing crunchies and press ups so have put muscle on and tone up the stomach bow 31 inch waist and small T-shirt.. last tine for that was age 32 lol.

Calorie counting again from tomorrow, 10 lbs to go not bothered how long it takes, but will do it. Good luck to all in the battle, you can win the war!!!

Good on you fella!

Jesus mate gan canny! I’m plagued with injury so I tend to know when something’s not feeling right but that sounds like you’ll be out of the game for a while. Take it easy.

Good on you fella!
If you’re weighing unde 11 stone, how you still got 10lbs to go?!? I’d hate to be that thin. Unless you’re about 5 foot tall you are surely fine at the weight you are?

If you’re weighing unde 11 stone, how you still got 10lbs to go?!? I’d hate to be that thin. Unless you’re about 5 foot tall you are surely fine at the weight you are?

5' -7, but still got a Budda belly, on doctors advice reckons 10 stone, will help my knees, as my left one keeps giving way and loath to do out about it.

Alway blsmed my weight for years, in fact happened just yesterday previously posted last night . So:

1. Will see if he is right.
2. Happy to lose the pot
3 .Might cure obsessive ocd counting calories
4. Happy as putting on muscle anyhow.
5. Calms my PTSD as I can control food intake

So at the minute while on waiting list for cognitive therspy course, keeping me level with anti depressents and sleeping pills. Cannot afford black dog to take over again. Came very close November.. :mad::mad: but ok now ish :confused::confused:

Good on you fella!

Flipping heck mate go steady! :eek: You are supposed to stay in one piece when you lose weight .

I'm not a runner but if your knee keeps giving way couldn't you wear some sort of strapping to give it some support?

Anyway I hope things get sorted and you are back soon fit as a fiddle.

Flipping heck mate go steady! :eek: You are supposed to stay in one piece when you lose weight .

I'm not a runner but if your knee keeps giving way couldn't you wear some sort of strapping to give it some support?

Anyway I hope things get sorted and you are back soon fit as a fiddle.

The option they wanted was to remove the knee cap, but then only thigh muscle Supports the leg, so no, they put some sort of groove in it 18 months ago, and it is only occasionally, if push too hard, ny fault pushing my past comfort zone.

Because a twat to myself and my head still thinks in 20s and still a tom. Dentist went okay partial crown just fitted £142.99 cheaper than last one over £300 00 happy days.

Going to try some ibfufin gel on achillies and try a bike ride first one this year, cannot not do anything :eek::lol:

The option they wanted was to remove the knee cap, but then only thigh muscle Supports the leg, so no, they put some sort of groove in it 18 months ago, and it is only occasionally, if push too hard, ny fault pushing my past comfort zone.

Because a twat to myself and my head still thinks in 20s and still a tom. Dentist went okay partial crown just fitted £142.99 cheaper than last one over £300 00 happy days.

Going to try some ibfufin gel on achillies and try a bike ride first one this year, cannot not do anything :eek::lol:

Would swimming be an option? It's great exercise and will support your joints until you are back on your feet.

Would swimming be an option? It's great exercise and will support your joints until you are back on your feet.

Funnily enough I enquired about membership at the local Gym after my visit to the Dentist this morning. I did six weeks of water aerobics last year, until got pnuemonia.

Advised to wait until warmer weather due to COPD, did that at Hospital where classes are run for patients and ex patients. But just found out done at Gym locally at their pool

Great minds think alike. My son in law, has just installed a spin bike with TV and some programme in his garage, said I can use it so loads of options opening up.

Day off everything today, rest day as not had one in weeks, have hospital blood test and lung review at 1400 hours tomorrow. So will find out officially how well I am doing.

Just woke up, lol 4 hours asleep, must of needed it, thanks for the idea, heads working the same, keep going yourself. See you on the forums.

Jesus mate gan canny! I’m plagued with injury so I tend to know when something’s not feeling right but that sounds like you’ll be out of the game for a while. Take it easy.

Cheers fella, complete day of grand total of nothing and for good measure afternoon nap of 4 hours. First day done nothing and body appreciates it, saw a physio today, left Achilles, have a knot in there from previous decompression

operation and the twang was due to it swelling and pulling through the sheathe, cold freeze sprays seem to have sorted flare up, but not allowed to push hard for a week or so gentle walks no power walking! Anyhow review with

Pulmonary Consultant tomorrow at 2.00 pm after blood tests at hospital, so will see how far I have come then. Partial crown fitted at dentist today went well, saved the tooth as break was down to below the gum line. well pleased Dentist did

good job worth £142.60, money well spent! :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Down to 193.8lbs, 14lbs to go. Had my vitality health check yesterday, all good apart from weight.

14 mile run to do this morning and a bike ride tomorrow.

How people can run for 14 miles I'll never know. I walked 4 mile in an hour the other day and was buggered! Saying that like, when I used to go to the gym I used to do 10 mile on the bike in 30 minutes 4 or 5 times a week. Need to sort it out.

How people can run for 14 miles I'll never know. I walked 4 mile in an hour the other day and was buggered! Saying that like, when I used to go to the gym I used to do 10 mile on the bike in 30 minutes 4 or 5 times a week. Need to sort it out.
It's something you slowly work to obtain. I've never been a distance runner, either, but it's something I would like to do now. I've always been more of a strength training type of person (well, at least in my youth) but that's because I used to be a power running back/full back in high school for our football (American) team. So, I've always just focused on being stronger, not necessarily faster.

I'd like to be more a runner now in my old(ahem, older) age.

Ankle is close to full recovery so I'm going to do some light cardio on it tomorrow and see how it feels.

Just take your time with it and you never know what you can accomplish.

It's something you slowly work to obtain. I've never been a distance runner, either, but it's something I would like to do now. I've always been more of a strength training type of person (well, at least in my youth) but that's because I used to be a power running back/full back in high school for our football (American) team. So, I've always just focused on being stronger, not necessarily faster.

I'd like to be more a runner now in my old(ahem, older) age.

Ankle is close to full recovery so I'm going to do some light cardio on it tomorrow and see how it feels.

Just take your time with it and you never know what you can accomplish.

Age is just a number Mr Monk me laddo! Only need to worry if your out and get overtaken by someone not as mobile as you!. :lol::lol:

Back