Weight loss 2018

Don't do it marra.

I went out "for a pint" on Friday, ended up out all night and ate shite the last 2 days to make myself feel better, apparently I'm back to 15st 13lbs so I've put on 5lbs in 3 days :lol:

Haha, I went for a pint, 2 in fact and a whisky to wash it down. A treat for myself after finishing my C25k 8 weeks. Back to try the 10k one so back on the wagon for that. Managed my run this morning, bike ride and and weights then back on the good food.

I hear you though, you've just done what I used to do, every week!

Haha, I went for a pint, 2 in fact and a whisky to wash it down. A treat for myself after finishing my C25k 8 weeks. Back to try the 10k one so back on the wagon for that. Managed my run this morning, bike ride and and weights then back on the good food.

I hear you though, you've just done what I used to do, every week!

I'm back to 15st 7lbs so all that weight was in power shits & water :eek::lol: Mad really...

Whats this C25K thing mate?

I'm back to 15st 7lbs so all that weight was in power shits & water :eek::lol: Mad really...

Whats this C25K thing mate?

Its an app (Zen Labs app) on your phone that gets you off your arse (the couch) and running 5k (3 miles) in 9 weeks. It tells you when to warm up, walk, run and cool down.

It's great to be honest. I detest running but I managed it without any problems and found it fairly easy.

Only 30 minutes give or take depending on the daily routine and 3 days a week. I'm heavier than you too, but found it a simple 30 minutes of my day. I also included riding a bike after the run and weight training help me push my stamina levels up to get through this a bit easier, well it felt that way.

Now taking a little rest as such, just doing a week or two of 5k runs then starting the 10k version, which as the app says should only take another 6/7 weeks to get too. I never thought I'd be running that distance ever!

Give it ago!

Its an app (Zen Labs app) on your phone that gets you off your arse (the couch) and running 5k (3 miles) in 9 weeks. It tells you when to warm up, walk, run and cool down.

It's great to be honest. I detest running but I managed it without any problems and found it fairly easy.

Only 30 minutes give or take depending on the daily routine and 3 days a week. I'm heavier than you too, but found it a simple 30 minutes of my day. I also included riding a bike after the run and weight training help me push my stamina levels up to get through this a bit easier, well it felt that way.

Now taking a little rest as such, just doing a week or two of 5k runs then starting the 10k version, which as the app says should only take another 6/7 weeks to get too. I never thought I'd be running that distance ever!

Give it ago!

Sounds pretty good mate, I will download it in a bit. Does it cost anything?

Sounds pretty good mate, I will download it in a bit. Does it cost anything?

Nope its free, does have adverts when the app is open but not while you use it during a routine.

Only problem I've found is when you close it keeps going in the background and uses a lot of battery power, I just do a force shutdown and all is good.

Run with your music on and it interrupts the music, beeps, vibrates and then tells you to walk, run etc, very good.

01/02/18, weighed 14 stone 10 lbs.
09/03/18 weigh 13 stone 0 lbs.

(Was stuck on 13 Stone 5 lbs for 3 bloody long weeks)

On 28/12/17 was in a 40 inch waist
On 26/01/18 was in a 38 inch waist
On 28/02/18 was in a 36 inch waist
On 09/03/18 now in a 34 inch waist

Stopped eating after 8 o clock (mostly)
Walking every day takes me ages but doing it religiously all weathers
Back on the bike at least a couple of times a week (or more)
Drinking about 3 litres of water a day sometimes up to 4 litres.

BMI is currently 29 looking to drop that to between 18.5 to 25 which is where I should be for my height.

Only a short arse 5' - 7" so aiming for 12 stone once I reach this current target which is to lose another pound. Hit the targets before moving on is what is keeping me motivated. (Need to get into the next stone)

Lungs not any better yet, but definitely stopped getting worse and hospital respiratory physio says things will improve if I stick to what I am doing.

Its hard work getting the weight off and no problem at all putting the bloody thing on.

You have to do this for you and if you fall off, I have at times, then start again straight away the next day.. Dont leave it till the start of a week its too late. Get back on the diet/training the next day, its not about how often you fall off the horse, but more about how often you get back on.

Keep up the good fight all and may we all be successful in what we are attempting to complete. Fitness, Health and Wellbeing.

Booom. 15st 4lbs now. Another 8lb and I can (hopefully) stop, although I fear my changed eating habits will allow me to maintain weight

Any ideas for lunch at work around 300 cals I have fridge and microwave
Don’t mind having it often if it’s tasty

140g chicken breast with veg?

BMI is currently 29 looking to drop that to between 18.5 to 25 which is where I should be for my height.

Only a short arse 5' - 7" so aiming for 12 stone once I reach this current target which is to lose another pound. Hit the targets before moving on is what is keeping me motivated. (Need to get into the next stone)

Lungs not any better yet, but definitely stopped getting worse and hospital respiratory physio says things will improve if I stick to what I am doing.

Its hard work getting the weight off and no problem at all putting the bloody thing on.

You have to do this for you and if you fall off, I have at times, then start again straight away the next day.. Dont leave it till the start of a week its too late. Get back on the diet/training the next day, its not about how often you fall off the horse, but more about how often you get back on.

Keep up the good fight all and may we all be successful in what we are attempting to complete. Fitness, Health and Wellbeing.

Well said.

Last edited:
Just got a pair of grey trousers out me wardrobe that I bought 3 years ago when I was at my heaviest (19 clem), 38" waist, I never worse them as they didn't fit me.

Put them on and they fell down to me ankles :lol:

Good purchase..

Well done, good example of how your hard work is paying off.

Keep them. I have kept one pair of 40 inch waist cords to spur me on, plus if all the larger sizes are gone hopefully I will keep weight off. I can shift weight alright when not unwell, its when I become bad again that my problems start. I'm hoping now the better weather is coming will not catch colds, flu or pneumonia again, as then I have to stop my immunisation medication and steroids. That is when I get depressed sit about and eat crap, hopefully behind me. I like this thread, as it makes you think well if others can do it so can I.

Good for supporting each other as well.

Just got a pair of grey trousers out me wardrobe that I bought 3 years ago when I was at my heaviest (19 clem), 38" waist, I never worse them as they didn't fit me.

Put them on and they fell down to me ankles :lol:

Good purchase..
HAHA, nice one!

Similar boat, the shirts, shorts trousers etc are hanging off me now, I look a bit daft in these now oversized t-shirts I have. My belts have run out of holes :p

Just in time for spring and summer and a new wardrobe :)

Not sure if I am reading this right. You lost 24lbs in about 5 weeks, and three of those weeks you stayed at the same weight? That can't be healthy surely.

Not sure if I am reading this right. You lost 24lbs in about 5 weeks, and three of those weeks you stayed at the same weight? That can't be healthy surely.

Yeah have a problem with infection in lungs as well, so not eating much at all (no crap or outside of mealtimes), drinking average between 3 litres of fluid a day, so some weight loss due to not eating and some due to infection lol. Back at hospital on this Friday may have to start on x 3 lots of different antibiotics either 3 days a week or every day also have CT Scan booked for 27/3/2018..Have Nontuberculous Mycobacteria (NTM) , along with LUPUS and COPD.

But managed to start some training again to try and control condition. Hard work but managing as difficult to breathe, but while I can I do and keep pushing lol. Loads of time to rest later. Managing to eat healthy foods that are keeping me going OK. Originally went from 12 stone to 14 stone 10 lbs from November 17 to February 18 due to to taking large dose of steroids for medical conditions.

Steroids dropped to half in February and started losing the extra weight put on. So hopefully nothing too bad just the body coming to terms and shedding excess as I eat better and train again. If not then I could be fecked.. But optimistically doing everything right under instruction from Hospital consultants.

Yeah have a problem with infection in lungs as well, so not eating much at all (no crap or outside of mealtimes), drinking average between 3 litres of fluid a day, so some weight loss due to not eating and some due to infection lol. Back at hospital on this Friday may have to start on x 3 lots of different antibiotics either 3 days a week or every day also have CT Scan booked for 27/3/2018..Have Nontuberculous Mycobacteria (NTM) , along with LUPUS and COPD.

But managed to start some training again to try and control condition. Hard work but managing as difficult to breathe, but while I can I do and keep pushing lol. Loads of time to rest later. Managing to eat healthy foods that are keeping me going OK. Originally went from 12 stone to 14 stone 10 lbs from November 17 to February 18 due to to taking large dose of steroids for medical conditions.

Steroids dropped to half in February and started losing the extra weight put on. So hopefully nothing too bad just the body coming to terms and shedding excess as I eat better and train again. If not then I could be fecked.. But optimistically doing everything right under instruction from Hospital consultants.

f***ing hell, hope you get everything sorted

I was 14 stone 9 last week, the heaviest I've been! 6 foot tall, I want to be nearer 13 stone.

Started on Saturday home made veg broth and a salad. Packed in sarnies for work, having salad, cutting back on chocolate and eating a bit healthier for tea too (cook from fresh every night anyway so wasn't too bad). No beer this week either. I need to at least walk the dog a couple of times a week, I'm going not great on the pins and it's not my job!

Weighed 14st 3 this morning so a canny start :) Under 14 stone by next weekend is the target but I'll be supping at the match tomorrow.

I was 14 stone 9 last week, the heaviest I've been! 6 foot tall, I want to be nearer 13 stone.

Started on Saturday home made veg broth and a salad. Packed in sarnies for work, having salad, cutting back on chocolate and eating a bit healthier for tea too (cook from fresh every night anyway so wasn't too bad). No beer this week either. I need to at least walk the dog a couple of times a week, I'm going not great on the pins and it's not my job!

Weighed 14st 3 this morning so a canny start :) Under 14 stone by next weekend is the target but I'll be supping at the match tomorrow.

Well done good start.....Keep going.

Apparently, If you weigh 22 stone here on Earth, you would only weigh 10 stone on Mars. So actually, I'm not fat at all! I'm just on the wrong f***ing planet.

Back