Weight loss 2018

Going to start doing this too , I’ve put so much weight on since being made redundant and comfort eating since my Mam died as well. Going to cut out Crisps , Biscuits and hardest for me , Bread , and start back on my Exercise Bike and Rowing Machine. Not really fussed what I lose , just as long as my kite goes down a bit as its starting to annoy me now.

Going to start doing this too , I’ve put so much weight on since being made redundant and comfort eating since my Mam died as well. Going to cut out Crisps , Biscuits and hardest for me , Bread , and start back on my Exercise Bike and Rowing Machine. Not really fussed what I lose , just as long as my kite goes down a bit as its starting to annoy me now.
You don't have to cut any of that out. Just eat less calories than you need. I still eat all those things and have still lost 8 pound since Christmas.

Started diet January 3 rd 21stone 8 weight yesterday 20stone 5 cut bread down from 16 slices a day to4 no chocolate or pies .the big let down is about 12 pints on a Saturday .even been to the gym four times look at me look at me

I’ve lost a kilo in the last month, but Im still 2 kg heavier than the start of December, when I was another 2 kg heavier than I want to be. So, 4kg to lose.

The weather has been so bad, I have not been getting out running and cycling, while currently doing 2 jobs at work. Hopefully things are starting to settle down now. I cycled to work on Friday for the first time in a while and it felt harder than I expected. That is my first target, not to be knackered by the time I get to the top of the big hill. Sort that out and the weight should follow.

Any tips on how to lose weight when I love unhealthy food? I really need to find a way to change my mentality :cry:

Go to iifym.com and use the Macro Calculator.
Download myfitnesspal app.
Track your calories and macronutrients and, within reason, fit some of what you like into your numbers.
Check your weight weekly and if it is going down over a few weeks keep going. If you're not losing weight lower your calorie intake and continue tracking weight and intake.

You don't have to cut any of that out. Just eat less calories than you need. I still eat all those things and have still lost 8 pound since Christmas.

This.

I was 17st dead on at Jan 1st. I now weigh 15 st 10lbs, still been eating crisps and biscuits etc mostly as a treat every few days. There was even times I would have 3 bags in a day as I knew I could have them.

Aslong as you're eating less calories then what your body uses every day, you will lose weight. 500 calories less a day will result in 1lb of weight loss per week.

Decided to sort out my weight it that point where had to do something and head was right so: 01/02/18, weighed 14 stone 10 lbs (fat git) On 23/02/18, now weigh 13 stone 3 lbs (still a fat git) Have set a target of 2 stone 3 lbs to still lose - onward and hopefully getting much lighter barring injury or things going wrong with diet. Posting this (for me) to hopefully assist me keep on target. trying to walk each day although hard due to breathing issues (bad lungs). service my mountyain bike and bought new bike clobber....the fightback starts now Lol....and on with life.

I need to start asap. I've gone down to one sugar in my brew, no fizzy pop, not had chips for weeks, don't eat fried food but like few others on here biscuits and chocolate are my downfall. I play footy for an hour a half twice a week but don't seem to be shifting any. Any tips please?

I need to start asap. I've gone down to one sugar in my brew, no fizzy pop, not had chips for weeks, don't eat fried food but like few others on here biscuits and chocolate are my downfall. I play footy for an hour a half twice a week but don't seem to be shifting any. Any tips please?

Work out your BMR. Then, have a 800-1000 calorie surplus. If you're exercising a few times a week / live a healthy lifestyle you should lose 2lbs per week relatively easily.

Still stuck on 186lbs which is annoying (and is probably due to the night out and Nandos I had on Saturday...) Back on it now though.

Aiming to get to 180lbs by 1 March then hit my goal of 175 by 31 March.
Weighed again on Saturday and I'm 182lbs - haven't quite got to the 180 goal for 28 Feb but seems to be slowly decreasing still. Total of 13lbs lost now which I'm pretty pleased with.

Anyone got any tips on how to cut body fat without sacrificing muscle? I'm still lifting 4 times a week but don't want to cut calories by too much

Weighed again on Saturday and I'm 182lbs - haven't quite got to the 180 goal for 28 Feb but seems to be slowly decreasing still. Total of 13lbs lost now which I'm pretty pleased with.

Anyone got any tips on how to cut body fat without sacrificing muscle? I'm still lifting 4 times a week but don't want to cut calories by too much

What is your routine?

Keep lifting heavy, lower the total number of sets before you lower the weight on the bar, if you're struggling. Try and get 1g of protein per 1lb of body weight a day, but get at least 0.6g/1lb.

What is your routine?

Keep lifting heavy, lower the total number of sets before you lower the weight on the bar, if you're struggling. Try and get 1g of protein per 1lb of body weight a day, but get at least 0.6g/1lb.
Cheers - I've been doing:

Legs
Chest and Tris
Back and Bi's
Shoulders and Abs

2 x 80 length swims a week plus various football.

I imagine it's mainly diet but not sure what to do around cardio - increase or decrease?

Cheers - I've been doing:

Legs
Chest and Tris
Back and Bi's
Shoulders and Abs

2 x 80 length swims a week plus various football.

I imagine it's mainly diet but not sure what to do around cardio - increase or decrease?

You can increase cardio if you aren't losing weight after 3-4 weeks at your chosen amount of calories, I prefer to just lower my calories but it's up to you.

Do you have a regular routine or just go in and work on that body part?

You can increase cardio if you aren't losing weight after 3-4 weeks at your chosen amount of calories, I prefer to just lower my calories but it's up to you.

Do you have a regular routine or just go in and work on that body part?
Okay I'll give that a go.

Yeah set routine - try to mix it up a little bit now and again though

No idea how much I've lost in weight but I and other can see I've lost a load of weight. One belt has run out of holes and the other has one left to go, never been near that for these belts for years.

Had to do something as it was getting way out of hand. Changed diet to all fresh produce, low carb to start, used a bit of the 5:2 diet, cut out almost all sugary rich food stuffs and just basically ate very sensible.

I combined the diet with c25k, bike riding and weight training, tried and made sure I was using more calories than consuming and extended the dry Jan to March.

All worked a treat to be honest and I feel great, maybe the best I've been feeling in 20 years. Could murder a pint though ;)

No idea how much I've lost in weight but I and other can see I've lost a load of weight. One belt has run out of holes and the other has one left to go, never been near that for these belts for years.

Had to do something as it was getting way out of hand. Changed diet to all fresh produce, low carb to start, used a bit of the 5:2 diet, cut out almost all sugary rich food stuffs and just basically ate very sensible.

I combined the diet with c25k, bike riding and weight training, tried and made sure I was using more calories than consuming and extended the dry Jan to March.

All worked a treat to be honest and I feel great, maybe the best I've been feeling in 20 years. Could murder a pint though ;)

Don't do it marra.

I went out "for a pint" on Friday, ended up out all night and ate shite the last 2 days to make myself feel better, apparently I'm back to 15st 13lbs so I've put on 5lbs in 3 days :lol:

Back