Weight loss 2018

New to this thread but thought I'd join (if anything for a bit of motivation!)

Weighed in this morning at 13.92 stone with 22.8% body fat, I'm 24 and 5"11. Heaviest I've been since about 5 years ago so something needs to be done!

Combining 4/5 weights sessions a week with some bike/swimming (and playing football) and aiming to get back to 12 stone whilst building some lean muscle. How long do you think that will take me if I stick to a low carb diet?
1 week update - lost 3lbs this week which is a good start

1 week update - lost 3lbs this week which is a good start

You're almost exactly the same as me. I was about 13st10 at Christmas and 5"11. Down to 13st2 this morning. I'm aiming to get to about 12 stone as well, and I reckon I can reach it by the end of February. Still lifting weights to keep as much muscle as I can. Surprising how much I'm enjoying it to be honest.

You're almost exactly the same as me. I was about 13st10 at Christmas and 5"11. Down to 13st2 this morning. I'm aiming to get to about 12 stone as well, and I reckon I can reach it by the end of February. Still lifting weights to keep as much muscle as I can. Surprising how much I'm enjoying it to be honest.
Class work that mate, how have you dropped it so fast? I think continuing to lift is the key to weight loss, in addition to the obvious

Lost 6lbs in the last 14 days just from maintaining a 1000 calorie surplus. So weighing at 16st 6lbs now.

Not been watching what I eat really though so have been high carbs most of it. Trying to find a way to change my macros to 180g protein, 80g fats (low saturated) and 60g carbs but really struggling. Seems like just 2 weetabix and some milk and I'm half way there and that's by breakfast.

Can anyone give me any meal tips?

For anyone who is looking to lose weight in 2018, the place to go is Slimming World.

Their weightloss plan is based on filling up on bulky, filling, low calorie foods, which keep you fuller for longer whilst reducing your calorie intake. hence you lose weight and are never hungry!

There no pills or potions, and small changes to the way you shop cook and eat will bring big changes in your weight. The food is normal and family friendly too. Spag bol, chilli, curry, chips all cooked a different way with different ingredients.

I joined in Jan 2012 and have lost around 13 stones-its completely changed my life. Its sustainable too as I lost most of my weight between 2012-2013.

www.slimmingworld.co.uk will get you to their website where you can find your nearest local group.

Special joining offers for new members mean you can join for free next week.

Go for it! You won't be disappointed

Fuck me C I would no longer recognise you, well done mate.

For anyone who is looking to lose weight in 2018, the place to go is Slimming World.

Their weightloss plan is based on filling up on bulky, filling, low calorie foods, which keep you fuller for longer whilst reducing your calorie intake. hence you lose weight and are never hungry!

There no pills or potions, and small changes to the way you shop cook and eat will bring big changes in your weight. The food is normal and family friendly too. Spag bol, chilli, curry, chips all cooked a different way with different ingredients.

I joined in Jan 2012 and have lost around 13 stones-its completely changed my life. Its sustainable too as I lost most of my weight between 2012-2013.

www.slimmingworld.co.uk will get you to their website where you can find your nearest local group.

Special joining offers for new members mean you can join for free next week.

Go for it! You won't be disappointed

Brilliant that mate. Well done.

Not really losing weight but feeling stronger.

Banged out a 5k on the rower, 19:18. First time at any distance over 2k. Felt a bit queasy afterwards though.

Going to try again later on the week and then have a stab at 10k under 40 at the weekend. I'm pretty comfortable at 2 minutes / 500m pace, it's just whether I can do it that long.

Weighed myself on Sunday and lost another 3lb so happy about that, 16 st 3 lbs now. See if I can get down to 16 for my 25th in a week then I will be happy. The aim is to get to 15 st 0 lbs by April so will hopefully slow it down a little next month. Can't understand how I am losing 3lb a week mind when I am eating 2000kcal a day, my BMR is 2800kcal.

I started this thread over a year ago now and I apologise for not keeping my progress up to date on here!

I am pleased to report that I have lost 4 stone now. I have went from fat to normal. Virtually all the weight loss has been down to cutting out beer and bread, I have done no exercise at all since June.

All about maintaining my current weight now. Going to join gym again.

I have lost 11lbs since Jan 1st. Down from 16st 13lbs to 16st 2lbs.

Doing dry January but aim to continue and stop drinking in the house which was my downfall. Have also cut out bread and have soup/chicken/mugshots for dinner at work.
Eating more fruit than ever but have Mikado sticks in for when I fancy a bit chocolate.

Started running doing the couch to 5k app. Breathing wise I'm fine but my shins and calves ache.

Feeling better in myself every day

Back