Weight loss 2018

Doing pretty well here, my chest arms and shoulders are tight muscle.
I hit nearly 13 stone a couple of weeks ago and last night I chucked a bottle of wine down my gob along with a big cheese baguette. Today I weighed myself and I am down to 12 and a quarter stone ! I dunno where the hell the weight is going to because I am not obsessing over what I eat.

Right - after a disastrous six months of being virtually permanently pissed I am getting back into it. 4 kgs down from the beginning of the year but 4 kgs up from my low point.

Going to try and shift 0.75kgs a week until Christmas.

So weighed in this morning and I am 5.4kgs below where I started the year but 3.4kgs above my lowest weight. Target is to hit that by year end.

Last edited:
For anyone who is looking to lose weight in 2018, the place to go is Slimming World.

Their weightloss plan is based on filling up on bulky, filling, low calorie foods, which keep you fuller for longer whilst reducing your calorie intake. hence you lose weight and are never hungry!

There no pills or potions, and small changes to the way you shop cook and eat will bring big changes in your weight. The food is normal and family friendly too. Spag bol, chilli, curry, chips all cooked a different way with different ingredients.

I joined in Jan 2012 and have lost around 13 stones-its completely changed my life. Its sustainable too as I lost most of my weight between 2012-2013.

www.slimmingworld.co.uk will get you to their website where you can find your nearest local group.

Special joining offers for new members mean you can join for free next week.

Go for it! You won't be disappointed

For anyone who is looking to lose weight in 2018, the place to go is Slimming World.

Their weightloss plan is based on filling up on bulky, filling, low calorie foods, which keep you fuller for longer whilst reducing your calorie intake. hence you lose weight and are never hungry!

There no pills or potions, and small changes to the way you shop cook and eat will bring big changes in your weight. The food is normal and family friendly too. Spag bol, chilli, curry, chips all cooked a different way with different ingredients.

I joined in Jan 2012 and have lost around 13 stones-its completely changed my life. Its sustainable too as I lost most of my weight between 2012-2013.

www.slimmingworld.co.uk will get you to their website where you can find your nearest local group.

Or you could just use the internet to work out how many calories you need in a day. Then eat around 500 less and wow the weight will drop off and guess what its completely free.

I lost about 4kg, my target was 6 but could not exercise for much of the year. It has been the worst year I have ever had for injuries.

Hi, Mrs Owner of Slimmer’s World.

New to this thread but thought I'd join (if anything for a bit of motivation!)

Weighed in this morning at 13.92 stone with 22.8% body fat, I'm 24 and 5"11. Heaviest I've been since about 5 years ago so something needs to be done!

Combining 4/5 weights sessions a week with some bike/swimming (and playing football) and aiming to get back to 12 stone whilst building some lean muscle. How long do you think that will take me if I stick to a low carb diet?

New to this thread but thought I'd join (if anything for a bit of motivation!)

Weighed in this morning at 13.92 stone with 22.8% body fat, I'm 24 and 5"11. Heaviest I've been since about 5 years ago so something needs to be done!

Combining 4/5 weights sessions a week with some bike/swimming (and playing football) and aiming to get back to 12 stone whilst building some lean muscle. How long do you think that will take me if I stick to a low carb diet?
Just stick to eating less calories than you need. It's a novel idea but may just catch on. No need for all this fad diets, clean food shite. Yes it' good to eat healthy but over the last week I've eaten 'bad food's' but all have been less than I need.

Result lost 2 pound.

I've started using the rowing machine at the gym. Done 2k each time I've visited this past week, each under 8 minutes. Fastest 7:24.

I was expecting it to be harder given I'm over 10 minutes off my running 5k pb at the moment. :eek:

Suppose that's the advantage of being tall and heavy for rowing. Over 6 foot, 16 clem+ at the moment.

What's a decent realistic time I should be aiming for on the rower?

Ive started running this week and I've also started tracking what I eat. I am looking to lose this pot belly I have, should I look to incorporate some weight training into this swell?

Could the fat I'm currently carrying turn into muscle faster than losing all the fat and then attempting to build muscle?

@Titus

Ive started running this week and I've also started tracking what I eat. I am looking to lose this pot belly I have, should I look to incorporate some weight training into this swell?

Could the fat I'm currently carrying turn into muscle faster than losing all the fat and then attempting to build muscle?

@Titus

For body composition, the majority of the training you do should be resistance training.

For body composition and overall health, a decent combination of both is best, but focus hard on progressing in the weight room.

Not often I see a distance athlete with a physique or overall level of physical fitness that I'd be envious of.

For body composition, the majority of the training you do should be resistance training.

For body composition and overall health, a decent combination of both is best, but focus hard on progressing in the weight room.

Not often I see a distance athlete with a physique or overall level of physical fitness that I'd be envious of.
Have to agree. Until I started lifting weights I was struggling and struggling, doing myself in with so much cardio I was picking up all kinds of injuries from wear and tear - once I started lifting, the weight didn't drop off but the fat did. I'm heavier than I've ever been but fitter and leaner. I have, however, the Christmas fat to lose so aiming to drop about half a stone over the coming month.

Back