Weight loss 2018

After being ill most of last year, a couple of stone has crept on through being a lazy pig basically :oops:

Had a beach body panic at the end of Feb as I'm going away at the end of July. Decided if I can lose half a stone in each of March, April, May and June, that gives me a month contingency in case I fall off the wagon.

Lost 3lbs already in March so that's a good start and I've entered the Sunderland 10K in May, so I'll have to start running regularly again.

Gerrin. Gonna shout BECS loads and hide behind people.

No weight loss this week but my body fat has gone down.

I've just started some new meds and one of the possible side effects is weight gain. Fingers crossed I don't get that one!

Week 6 weigh in today. Lost 1 stone, 1lb total.

205lbs>190lbs in 6 weeks. Still another 15lbs I want rid of before I go on holiday on May 16th.

Still done zero exercise though other than my 10 minute walk to the tube station on a morning which is brisk-ish. I sit down all day at work as well.

Started the gym at the start of the month. I was 13 and a half stone.

Weighed today and I've lost half a stone and 2 inches off my waist.

That's with a 4 day stag do in the middle of the month as well.

Weight 1/ 01/2017 199.1 lbs
Weight 2/01/2017 192.1 lbs
Weight 3/01/2017 183.8 lbs
Weight 4/01/2017 177.9 lbs

Down 5.9 this month, pretty chuffed to be honest as I got engaged and had cake and booze pretty much every day for a week. 21.2 since jan 1. Finished Insanity, Doing some running before starting something else, probably insanity max 30.

Weight 1/ 01/2017 199.1 lbs
Weight 2/01/2017 192.1 lbs
Weight 3/01/2017 183.8 lbs
Weight 4/01/2017 177.9 lbs

Down 5.9 this month, pretty chuffed to be honest as I got engaged and had cake and booze pretty much every day for a week. 21.2 since jan 1. Finished Insanity, Doing some running before starting something else, probably insanity max 30.

That looks like a very solid, steady and importably sustainable weight loss that mate. Well done.

Reet I'm fat as owt and need to shed some timber.

I'm going out for a run at dinner time.

12st 7lbs

Really need to get down to 10st.

Hello everyone
Browsed the fitness forum occasionally and you seem to know your onions, so I hope you don’t mind me asking you for some advice. I’m currently 87KG and 6 foot 2. Also 30 years old (not sure if that’s important or not!)
What advice would you give for losing a stone in weight. I’m at the high end of my BMI group so would like to get back to around 12 and a half stone.
I’m a heavy drinker on the weekend and the only exercise I get is around 1 hour a day of walking, next to nothing of any sort of high intensity. I try to watch what I eat through the week but on a weekend it’s the usual pizza/Chinese after a skinful of pints.
Got a newborn bairn so joining a gym is out of the question for now.
Appreciate this is a lot of info, anything that you can tell me to help steer me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful for

Cheers

Daz

Hello everyone
Browsed the fitness forum occasionally and you seem to know your onions, so I hope you don’t mind me asking you for some advice. I’m currently 87KG and 6 foot 2. Also 30 years old (not sure if that’s important or not!)
What advice would you give for losing a stone in weight. I’m at the high end of my BMI group so would like to get back to around 12 and a half stone.
I’m a heavy drinker on the weekend and the only exercise I get is around 1 hour a day of walking, next to nothing of any sort of high intensity. I try to watch what I eat through the week but on a weekend it’s the usual pizza/Chinese after a skinful of pints.
Got a newborn bairn so joining a gym is out of the question for now.
Appreciate this is a lot of info, anything that you can tell me to help steer me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful for

Cheers

Daz

you lose weight by eating less. (obviously exercise helps but the human body is incredibly efficient - it can happily run 5km on a bag of crisps and can of coke, so you need to start with diet.

go to myfitnesspal.com, sign up, fill in your stuff set it to lose 1 lb per week. download the app for your phone log everything, i mean when you eat packaged food scan its barcode, when you eat "homemade" food scan and weigh it. Seems a hardship but you very quickly get used to it and can quickly tick things off. especially log days when you fail - ie big drinking days because its important to know. that website by now must have saved lives.

fitness wise couch to 5k is a good place to start as are a few "beachbody" courses if you prefer to do some jumping around in the house or garage

edit -

some people will disagree but I got a fitbit aria scale and weigh in EVERY morning. I find it a good motivational tool as weekly weigh ins sort of let you realx a couple of days after then "diet" the couple of days before, and I hate "dietting" I prefer to just "eat better" throughout. Plus it lets you produce nice graphs like:
Logon or register to see this image

(bet you can all see the date i got engaged with the previously mentioned booze and cake week after)

Last edited:

Back