Weight loss 2018

I'm not off to a great start. Weighed myself this morning and I'm 86.4kg. That is the heaviest I have ever known me be. With having flu before Christmas and injured since, I have done no exercise since about the 12th December. Had a 1k swim today, so hopefully that is the start of my injury come back. At the moment I'm frustrated not being able to run or play football.

My target is 80kg.

Weight 1/01/2016 199.1 lbs
Weight 1/30/2017 191.5 lbs

Down 7.6 lbs since start of year. Not massive but exactly where I'm aiming (1-2 lbs/wk). Trying to drop slowly with more focus on eating properly than dieting along with fitness. Running up to 10-15km /wk and first three weeks of insanity in the bag.

As expected I have slowed down now - 5.8kgs or just short of 13lbs in 4 weeks. 1.75 lb last week so if I can keep that up I will be relatively happy.

Added core strengthening exercises to my cardio for the first time last night - absolutely f***ing useless at them!

I changed back to a more hands on retail job 10 weeks ago that I stopped doing 3 years back where I moved into sales where I was sat at a desk instead of working stock, on feet all day on a different department. Had to buy a belt for work trousers not long after moving over and I'm now a few notches into it. Went from I would say 240 lbs down to about 215 (I'm 6"5) now through been more active at work and a better diet. They also shut down the canteen at the same time which meant the cooked breakfast and the dinners went too. Need to get the takeaways rid of a bit more and I might start doing the soup option as suggested above a bit instead of a meal deal or something off the food to go counter to save £. Even walk to the pub and back a lot more instead of one of the lads picking me up who lives closer and then a taxi home. All small steps but I feel better for it enjoy my job a lot more too.

I changed back to a more hands on retail job 10 weeks ago that I stopped doing 3 years back where I moved into sales where I was sat at a desk instead of working stock, on feet all day on a different department. Had to buy a belt for work trousers not long after moving over and I'm now a few notches into it. Went from I would say 240 lbs down to about 215 (I'm 6"5) now through been more active at work and a better diet. They also shut down the canteen at the same time which meant the cooked breakfast and the dinners went too. Need to get the takeaways rid of a bit more and I might start doing the soup option as suggested above a bit instead of a meal deal or something off the food to go counter to save £. Even walk to the pub and back a lot more instead of one of the lads picking me up who lives closer and then a taxi home. All small steps but I feel better for it enjoy my job a lot more too.
I reckon that's the secret, small changes that are sustainable. If you go for a diet fad and up at 5:30 to get an hour in the gym it is not going to last. I make sure I have some breakfast - muesli or something - eat fruit at lunchtime which is supplied at work and then normal dinner. Stopped eating shitty snacks and do 30 minutes cardio each night. Also had a dry January which probably cut out 20000 calories or so!

I'm not off to a great start. Weighed myself this morning and I'm 86.4kg. That is the heaviest I have ever known me be. With having flu before Christmas and injured since, I have done no exercise since about the 12th December. Had a 1k swim today, so hopefully that is the start of my injury come back. At the moment I'm frustrated not being able to run or play football.

My target is 80kg.
Quite similar here, except no injury. Got back from my UK trip at Christmas, i got of the scales at 85.2kg, the heaviest I've ever been in my life, i could feel it as well, like a tyre round my waist when sat down. Set my goal for 80kg, was down to 82kg, but went on a booze & nibbles fest last weekend, so now back at 83.5kg :cry: This weekend will be different, get some self control back into me.

I reckon that's the secret, small changes that are sustainable. If you go for a diet fad and up at 5:30 to get an hour in the gym it is not going to last. I make sure I have some breakfast - muesli or something - eat fruit at lunchtime which is supplied at work and then normal dinner. Stopped eating shitty snacks and do 30 minutes cardio each night. Also had a dry January which probably cut out 20000 calories or so!

I'm really trying to go with the "sane and sustainable" option.

I'm running through insanity (couldn't recommend it more) which in month 1 burns about 500-700 calories per session and also running when my achilles can take it which is about 700. So for a loss of 1-2 lbs per week ive got about 1500 calories a day to play with (I try to eat back 1/2 of exercise calories). Doesnt sound a lot but honestly
bagel/hot cross bun for breakfast 250kcal
massive 600g soup for lunch 450kcal
dinner 6-700kcal
fruit 100kcal

That's not that hard. Dinner I'll generally do one of those prepared 'just cook' chicken breast things, a prepared veg and a potato thing which all just stick in the oven for 30 minutes. Some days when I'm doing a big run Ill miss the bagel and have pasta and meatballs or spag bol or something for dinner. But its all really easy to hit if I cut out dumb shit like crisps, bread and f***ing "just eat".
Lunch
Sainsbury's - Taste the Difference - Chorizo & Butterbean Soup, 1 container (600 gs ea.) 358
Dinner
Sainsburys - British Chicken breast fillets with a smoky tomato sauce , 1/2 a pack 156
Sainsbury's - Parmentier Potatoes, 201 g[/URL] 202
]Sainsbury's - Mediterranean Cheese Stuffed Peppers, 1 half pack 164
Snacks
Thomas - Cinnamon Raisin Bagle, 1 Bagel 260
Asda - Ginger Preserve, 15 g 39
Totals 1,179
I was WELL under target that day and its was all nice tasty stuff with no rye bread or weight watchers frozen 1/8th portion meals or zero carb cauliflower "rice" or owt and I obviously wasnt left starving cos I had 300 kcals I could have eaten.

All just work in writing out a week's meal plan and doing shopping online for only what I need to avoid grabbing a few "treat" items in asda.

I have read a few of studies that say your body has a 'weight memory' and it will naturally try to keep you at that weight. You need to gradually train your body to your new weight. It makes sense from an evolutionary perspective when early humans would have gone through spells of having plenty of food available to having none. That is why some people can crash diet but quickly pile the weight back on. Your body is making sure it is prepared for the next famine. Some of it is your body also reacting to habits.

Last summer I really made the effort to cut out snacking at work. I did not used to eat loads, but often had crisps with my lunch, then perhaps a chocolate bar 3 times a week. I sometimes had biscuits or crackers in my draw to nibble on. For the first two weeks of cutting that out, I was hungry all the time at work. From 10:30 my body was telling me it was dinner time, then by 3pm my stomach was rumbling again. After that I got used to it and don't feel hungry any more. The strange thing was, cutting out that snacking did not change my weight at all.

What weight are you aiming for?
Just been doing body core exercises again - f***ing kills me. Increased my press ups by 33% tonight - managed 4!

Aiming for 75kg to win the challenge. What I'm actually aiming for is to lose belly fat. I have one of those awful bodies sculpted out of f***ing play dough by years of eating shite. My face, arms, etc do not look fat, just my belly. I'm hoping if I get below 75kg and keep up the cardio and weights I can lose the belly fat.

What are these core body exercises you speak of?

Aiming for 75kg to win the challenge. What I'm actually aiming for is to lose belly fat. I have one of those awful bodies sculpted out of f***ing play dough by years of eating shite. My face, arms, etc do not look fat, just my belly. I'm hoping if I get below 75kg and keep up the cardio and weights I can lose the belly fat.

What are these core body exercises you speak of?
This sort of stuff:

https://brightside.me/article/seven...transform-your-body-in-just-four-weeks-82255/

been doing the clean eating via joe wicks books. no exercise yet but in 4 weeks have lost 12lbs and still been on the hoy at the weekend. No biscuits, crisps, pasta, bread. Garn well and not having the carb/sugar roller coaster and not hungry all the time like before.

been doing the clean eating via joe wicks books. no exercise yet but in 4 weeks have lost 12lbs and still been on the hoy at the weekend. No biscuits, crisps, pasta, bread. Garn well and not having the carb/sugar roller coaster and not hungry all the time like before.
I got 3 of these books as a gift. I think it was a gentle nudge to get me into the kitchen mind you. It hasn't worked yet as I haven't even looked at them.

Back