Weight loss 2018

Just checked when we were doing this in 2014 - 43 people started and by April there was 7 of us left!

How often were you doing weigh ins, and is it an "everyone post same day" thing?

I'm game if you're going again but my loss isnt gonna be spectacular this time round as im much more focussed on getting through some fitness programs and getting my running mileage up than just shedding the flab faster
Weight 1/19/2017 194 lbs
Weight 1/18/2017 194.7 lbs
Weight 1/17/2017 195.4 lbs
Weight 1/16/2017 195.4 lbs
Weight 1/15/2017 196.8 lbs
Weight 1/13/2017 197.7 lbs
Weight 1/12/2017 197.7 lbs
Weight 1/11/2017 196.7 lbs
Weight 1/10/2017 195.9 lbs
Weight 1/08/2017 196.2 lbs
Weight 1/07/2017 195.3 lbs
Weight 1/06/2017 197.3 lbs
Weight 1/05/2017 196.8 lbs
Weight 1/04/2017 199.6 lbs
Weight 1/03/2017 199.1 lbs
Weight 1/01/2017 199.1 lbs

How often were you doing weigh ins, and is it an "everyone post same day" thing?

I'm game if you're going again but my loss isnt gonna be spectacular this time round as im much more focussed on getting through some fitness programs and getting my running mileage up than just shedding the flab faster
Weight 1/19/2017 194 lbs
Weight 1/18/2017 194.7 lbs
Weight 1/17/2017 195.4 lbs
Weight 1/16/2017 195.4 lbs
Weight 1/15/2017 196.8 lbs
Weight 1/13/2017 197.7 lbs
Weight 1/12/2017 197.7 lbs
Weight 1/11/2017 196.7 lbs
Weight 1/10/2017 195.9 lbs
Weight 1/08/2017 196.2 lbs
Weight 1/07/2017 195.3 lbs
Weight 1/06/2017 197.3 lbs
Weight 1/05/2017 196.8 lbs
Weight 1/04/2017 199.6 lbs
Weight 1/03/2017 199.1 lbs
Weight 1/01/2017 199.1 lbs
Last time we did it once a week - although I also weigh myself every morning, down 3.6 kgs or just under 7 lb so far. I started 17 pounds ahead of you though - or should that be behind.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will set up a spreadsheet. Looks like most people know their weight at start of Jan so we could start it from their. I can translate it into percent lost and publish on here as I am sure that not everybody wants their weight all over the internet! If any of the ladies want to send me weekly photos to judge their progress I am also happy to review them and give feedback.

Gym 4 times a week and low carb (ish).

Same. Other than Pizza Hut one lunchtime (with a lass from work who wanted to go because she had to fast all the day after for a hospital appt) I've kept my carbs to a minimum.

Gym every other day. I try and hit 300kcal in 30m.

What are you eating for your main meals?

My evening meal is now one of chicken/beef/fish and veg. Have been eating low calorie Boots salads at lunch time but the cost is ££££.

I've bought some high protein high fibre whole grain bread from Tesco (80p!) to start having a sandwich instead. I'm worried this will destabilise my weight loss but I can't justify £80 a month on lunches.

Trying to find a low fat frozen beef option but struggling.

Last time we did it once a week - although I also weigh myself every morning, down 3.6 kgs or just under 7 lb so far. I started 17 pounds ahead of you though - or should that be behind.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will set up a spreadsheet. Looks like most people know their weight at start of Jan so we could start it from their. I can translate it into percent lost and publish on here as I am sure that not everybody wants their weight all over the internet! If any of the ladies want to send me weekly photos to judge their progress I am also happy to review them and give feedback.

Love a spreadsheet me

Got my own on Google Sheets, full of graphs

Same. Other than Pizza Hut one lunchtime (with a lass from work who wanted to go because she had to fast all the day after for a hospital appt) I've kept my carbs to a minimum.

Gym every other day. I try and hit 300kcal in 30m.

What are you eating for your main meals?

My evening meal is now one of chicken/beef/fish and veg. Have been eating low calorie Boots salads at lunch time but the cost is ££££.

I've bought some high protein high fibre whole grain bread from Tesco (80p!) to start having a sandwich instead. I'm worried this will destabilise my weight loss but I can't justify £80 a month on lunches.

Trying to find a low fat frozen beef option but struggling.

Love a spreadsheet me

Got my own on Google Sheets, full of graphs
I have all sorts of targets and calculations in mine - kgs, lbs, stones, BMI, fat %, neck, chest and weight measurements. Even have a calculation to work out waist reduction versus weight loss which is remarkably accurate and based on school maths!
Make your own big batch of salad on a weekend and stick it in the fridge. Mixed greens, carrot, beetroot, sweet corn, kidney beans then a bit of cheese/chicken/tuna each day plus a bottle of dressing. Probably do that for well under a quid a day. Add in an appl and a banana for snacks and you are laughing.
Good news and bad news (sort of) for me. Nearly 5kgs down but only just past the weight I started 2014 at. Oh well 8kgs to go to get to my lowest weight for more than 20 years.

Always been one of those who eat what they want because of a good metabolism/decent exercise.

Now the two are slowing/decreasing I'm lost on where to even start with a decent diet :lol:

Main problem is lunch at work

Tips? :lol:

Always been one of those who eat what they want because of a good metabolism/decent exercise.

Now the two are slowing/decreasing I'm lost on where to even start with a decent diet :lol:

Keep motivated, buy a fitbit to monitor progress. Tips for lunch... Make a salad pack lunch, i have just had a lovely chicken salad there which cost peanuts.

I have all sorts of targets and calculations in mine - kgs, lbs, stones, BMI, fat %, neck, chest and weight measurements. Even have a calculation to work out waist reduction versus weight loss which is remarkably accurate and based on school maths!
Make your own big batch of salad on a weekend and stick it in the fridge. Mixed greens, carrot, beetroot, sweet corn, kidney beans then a bit of cheese/chicken/tuna each day plus a bottle of dressing. Probably do that for well under a quid a day. Add in an appl and a banana for snacks and you are laughing.
Good news and bad news (sort of) for me. Nearly 5kgs down but only just past the weight I started 2014 at. Oh well 8kgs to go to get to my lowest weight for more than 20 years.

Good luck mate

Keep motivated, buy a fitbit to monitor progress. Tips for lunch... Make a salad pack lunch, i have just had a lovely chicken salad there which cost peanuts.

Good luck mate
Cheers - and you.

How old are you?

Haway then who is starting the gym after the new year with the goal to lose the beef?

I am one, mainly going to be the gym and also hopefully do some outdoor running which i haven't done for 4 years.

Any pointers and guidance from the boards superior fitness experts welcome.

:lol::lol::lol:

Got weighed tonight and I've lost 13.5 pounds since the 1st. Happy with that so far considering I haven't been in the gym since last Monday night I think. It'll start slowing down now and got a long way to go. Want to lose another 30 pounds in total.

Soup. I try to hit 400-450 calories for lunch as that leaves 800ish for dinner plus whatever I gain from exercise (I try to eat back 1/2 the calories I burn)

The 600g plastic containers of soup are easily filling enough to see you through the whole day, you can even split it if you want. I have a plastic soup thingy
Logon or register to see this image

So its quick clean and easy.

Favourites at the minutes are sainsburys ones - Moroccan spiced chicken, lentil dahl, chorizo and butterbean and jamaican jerk chicken are all awesome and all under the calorie goal.

Down to about 88kg now from 91 at start of year. At 6'1 or 185cm I'm almost back in the 'normal' BMI range.

Aiming to be <80kg by Easter.

Still >25% body fat though, so might start swimming to try and improve shape/tone/composition

Intermittent fasting (basically little/no evening meal 2 nights a week) plus salad lunches and fruit breakfasts

2 gym sessions and 2 x 5km runs per week

If I keep that up, I should get there on/ahead of schedule

If...

Good luck folks!

Got weighed tonight and I've lost 13.5 pounds since the 1st. Happy with that so far considering I haven't been in the gym since last Monday night I think. It'll start slowing down now and got a long way to go. Want to lose another 30 pounds in total.
I have lost 11.5 since the 3rd and want to get rid of another 28 so almost the same goals.

Started back at the gym this week. Weighed myself last Saturday and was 14st6lb, if my turds get a little backed up I'll be into the obese category of the BMI chart, fuck that.

Gym 4-5 days a week, brown bagging my lunch (sandwich and fruit), porridge for breakfast.

Will do another weigh in at the 4 week mark and see how I'm doing.

Back