Weight loss 2018

Started a biggest loser group on 3 January. About 180 of us doing it all split into teams of 15. After 1 week of healthy eating and plenty of exercise I have lost 10 1/4 lbs. The missus has lost 11 lbs. We're still eating meals but substituting crap like chips, burgers, pizzas etc for plenty of fruit and vegetables, low fat food etc. I'd originally set a target of 2 stone in 10 weeks so anything in excess of that would be great.

Have to give the gym a rest for a bit due to dodgy back/knee.
When all the Christmas booze has gone I'm hoping to reduce my consumption of alcohol. Good luck people!

Started a biggest loser group on 3 January. About 180 of us doing it all split into teams of 15. After 1 week of healthy eating and plenty of exercise I have lost 10 1/4 lbs. The missus has lost 11 lbs. We're still eating meals but substituting crap like chips, burgers, pizzas etc for plenty of fruit and vegetables, low fat food etc. I'd originally set a target of 2 stone in 10 weeks so anything in excess of that would be great.

Dont bank on those figures mind, a single pound of fat is lost from a calorie deficit of 3500 calories so 10 in a week would be the same as a deficit of 35,000, or running about 13 and a half marathons. Don't get discouraged when weight loss drops to a more reasonable 1 pound a week.

Dont bank on those figures mind, a single pound of fat is lost from a calorie deficit of 3500 calories so 10 in a week would be the same as a deficit of 35,000, or running about 13 and a half marathons. Don't get discouraged when weight loss drops to a more reasonable 1 pound a week.
I'll be happy with a couple of pounds a week. We're training for a c25k at the beginning of March so getting fit is my priority, any weight loss will hopefully come with that. It's trying to maintain exercising after the group has finished that will be the hard part.

I'll but up and down like a pair of whores knickers as usual, but injury free, I would like to get under 80 kilos as apprised to 86

Just shy of 5 lbs for me since the 3rd. Passed a major hurdle with the first work trip - managed the pub and a curry without drinking. Quite enjoyed it actually.
My weigh in is Tuesday and hoping to dip under 15 stone.

Got weighed on the 1st (bad idea) and got weighed again on the 12th. Weighed 10.5 pounds less, didn't even think it was possible to loose that much in that space of time.

Gonna continue eating healthy through the week and going in the gym 2-3 times a week

Down 4lbs since last sunday.

Need to keep at the diet. Doddle through the week, right bastard to stick at on a weekend. Exercise going well and dry jan still going.

Last edited:
Week 2 weigh in - down 3.1 kgs, slightly ahead of my target trajectory and happy so far.

I was reading about fat burning exercise zones yesterday so have adjusted the intensity and length of my nightly cross trainer activity to hopefully get me in that zone - its definitely fat I need to focus on!

Anyone want to keep track of weight loss - we did it a couple of years ago and it kept motivation up for some of us.
Down 3.4kgs or just over 7 pound for me. I have set loads of interim targets - kgs, pounds, BMI, percent lost, waist measurements etc - which means I am hitting some sort of target every few days which keeps me motivated.

Hello weight loss friends.

After registering with a new GP having moved here in June I hopped on the scales to find I was 90.5kg at 5'10 and a BMI dangerously close to 30. I've also grown out of clothes for the first time since I was about 14.

I now have a bet on with a friend that whoever loses the most weight (or loses 15% of their starting weight first) wins two tickets for them and the loser to go to the match.

Unfortunately, he supports Newcastle and I support Sunderland (obviously) so if he loses he has to buy me tickets to the last home game of the season and f***ing sit there in red and white :D

I don't want to think about what happens if I lose. I've drawn the line at wearing an actual Newcastle shirt.

Anyways I just wanted to say good luck to everyone with your weight loss and that this is the first time I've been motivated to lose weight in a number of years since that I've put on 20kg in the last two and a half years.

Anyone want to keep track of weight loss - we did it a couple of years ago and it kept motivation up for some of us.
Down 3.4kgs or just over 7 pound for me. I have set loads of interim targets - kgs, pounds, BMI, percent lost, waist measurements etc - which means I am hitting some sort of target every few days which keeps me motivated.

Well done. I won't be having a bet with you as you seem to win all the time. Happy to keep track though. I'm weighing in every Monday.

Currently at 88.3kg, down from 90.5kg a few days earlier, which I suspect was inflated with it being the middle of the day and I was dressed. My ideal is losing 13.5kg in 15 weeks which will be very hard, but I'm maintaining a net of 1500 calories at the moment, eating very few carbs and doing 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week.

I'll update every Monday. How frequent are you weighing in?

Hello weight loss friends.

After registering with a new GP having moved here in June I hopped on the scales to find I was 90.5kg at 5'10 and a BMI dangerously close to 30. I've also grown out of clothes for the first time since I was about 14.

I now have a bet on with a friend that whoever loses the most weight (or loses 15% of their starting weight first) wins two tickets for them and the loser to go to the match.

Unfortunately, he supports Newcastle and I support Sunderland (obviously) so if he loses he has to buy me tickets to the last home game of the season and f***ing sit there in red and white :D

I don't want to think about what happens if I lose. I've drawn the line at wearing an actual Newcastle shirt.

Anyways I just wanted to say good luck to everyone with your weight loss and that this is the first time I've been motivated to lose weight in a number of years since that I've put on 20kg in the last two and a half years.

Well done. I won't be having a bet with you as you seem to win all the time. Happy to keep track though. I'm weighing in every Monday.

Currently at 88.3kg, down from 90.5kg a few days earlier, which I suspect was inflated with it being the middle of the day and I was dressed. My ideal is losing 13.5kg in 15 weeks which will be very hard, but I'm maintaining a net of 1500 calories at the moment, eating very few carbs and doing 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week.

I'll update every Monday. How frequent are you weighing in?
I have my "official" weigh in on a Tuesday. I still have the spreadsheet we started a couple of years ago if anybody wants me to restart it.
By the way a net of 1500 calories a day will see you gain 1kg a week ; )
13 kgs in 15 weeks is not a ridiculous target. Although at 5 10 I would say 75kgs is on the low side unless you are going for the professional cyclist look. Chuck in a session of resistance training once a week and aim for 80kgs so you don't look like a resident of Belsen.BMI is only one indicator and it also depends where you carry the weight - for me exactly in the wrong place right around my middle!

Last edited:

Back