Weight loss 2018

Down from 18st 11 which I was in January to 16stone 4lbs now so a loss of 2 and a half stone.

Joined the gym again 4 weeks ago so its taking it out of me eating sensibly / 2300kcal daily whilst lifting and doing cardio.

Is it possible to increase strength whilst eating low calories and losing weight? Just want to know if I should be putting the weights up whilst I do this or just wait until I hit my 15st target

23 stone I would wager around September 10th. 20st5lbs last Friday. Aiming to be at 20 flat this Friday. Boxing and eating around 800kcal per day max. Dangerous but necessary. Once I hit 18.5st (hopefully by fight night 25/11 UWCB) I'll be eating regular calories and just keeping the exercise up to slow down the loss to a healthier rate.

23 stone I would wager around September 10th. 20st5lbs last Friday. Aiming to be at 20 flat this Friday. Boxing and eating around 800kcal per day max. Dangerous but necessary. Once I hit 18.5st (hopefully by fight night 25/11 UWCB) I'll be eating regular calories and just keeping the exercise up to slow down the loss to a healthier rate.
Training for the big paws showdown there mate? Good luck! ;)

Down from 18st 11 which I was in January to 16stone 4lbs now so a loss of 2 and a half stone.

Joined the gym again 4 weeks ago so its taking it out of me eating sensibly / 2300kcal daily whilst lifting and doing cardio.

Is it possible to increase strength whilst eating low calories and losing weight? Just want to know if I should be putting the weights up whilst I do this or just wait until I hit my 15st target

calories far far too low, should be on 3000+ minimum at your weight pal

you will most likely be not sticking to 2300 every day

Really? Pretty annoying if that's true like. You are right, sometimes I will eat only 2000, sometimes it's closer to 2800. it varies really depending on if i end up smashing a few bags of crisps etc.

Should I go to 3200 calories and wee what happens?

According to the Harris Benedickt equation I need 3340 to maintain my weight. - WOW

Last edited:
Really? Pretty annoying if that's true like. You are right, sometimes I will eat only 2000, sometimes it's closer to 2800. it varies really depending on if i end up smashing a few bags of crisps etc.

Should I go to 3200 calories and wee what happens?

According to the Harris Benedickt equation I need 3340 to maintain my weight. - WOW

aye go 3200 calories, try get minimum 150g protein a day. 25g+ fiber
eat that consistently
and weight yourself every day on a morning to get an average. then monitor weight over the week.

there is 100 reasons why you need to follow this advice, but to save me boring you to death just trust me on this one mate.

aye go 3200 calories, try get minimum 150g protein a day. 25g+ fiber
eat that consistently
and weight yourself every day on a morning to get an average. then monitor weight over the week.

there is 100 reasons why you need to follow this advice, but to save me boring you to death just trust me on this one mate.

Okay marra I will do that starting tommorow.

The macros I usually get are as follows

130g protein
140g carbs
30g fibre
50g sugar
70g fat
15g saturates.

Not sure if that's good like but my meals generally consist of fruit, chicken and veg with the odd protein shake and bag of crisps here and there.

Okay marra I will do that starting tommorow.

The macros I usually get are as follows

130g protein
140g carbs
30g fibre
50g sugar
70g fat
15g saturates.

Not sure if that's good like but my meals generally consist of fruit, chicken and veg with the odd protein shake and bag of crisps here and there.

yeah defo knock your protein up.

in regards to fat and carbs the truth is you can be flexibile with them, so if you go over on fats, drop your carbs, and vice versa.

aslong as you hit calories, protein and fiber!

make sure 70/80 of your caloric intake is from nutrient dense food, the other 20/30% eat what you want.

yeah defo knock your protein up.

in regards to fat and carbs the truth is you can be flexibile with them, so if you go over on fats, drop your carbs, and vice versa.

aslong as you hit calories, protein and fiber!

make sure 70/80 of your caloric intake is from nutrient dense food, the other 20/30% eat what you want.

I have 2x chicken wraps for me bait at work, the wraps actually have 350 calories on their own which is a bit annoying, plus loads of carbs and fat! Might have to swap them for veg.

Also I eat a lot of breaded chicken which adds a lot of fat and carbs like.

I have 2x chicken wraps for me bait at work, the wraps actually have 350 calories on their own which is a bit annoying, plus loads of carbs and fat! Might have to swap them for veg.

Also I eat a lot of breaded chicken which adds a lot of fat and carbs like.

nah you will be fine, you've still got 3200 to eat

Just been reading this thread and it seems this is the place to ask the question.
I'm currently well out of shape body wise, I'm 5.11 and weight 12.11 (was 13.5 around 2 month ago) most of my weight sits around my hips and back.

Currently going to the gym 3/4 times a week and lifting weights. No cardio.

Can anyone advise what calories I should be eating a day? Also what percentage carbs, fat, protein, fibre etc?
Thanks for any help.

Just seen this thread, thought I’d put in some info on how I’ve lost weight recently. Might help someone.

I weighed 14’6lb 14 weeks ago and now weigh 11’8lb.
I done it by doing intermittent fasting Monday-Friday. This means I would eat my meals in an 8 hour period between 12-8pm and not eat again until 12 the next day. In that time I ate two meals of either chicken/fish and veg or brown rice and just before 8pm I’d have a weetabix with a banana on. On a Saturday I ate anything i wanted and a Sunday I’d have a normal Sunday dinner with one of my healthy meals.
I cut out full fat pop altogether and drank loads more water.

Exercise wise is started going to a fitness class 2 nights a week which were hiit classes. I also started running as often as I could. For the running I started off doing a mile. Even when I was getting fitter I kept only doing a mile but doing it as fast as possible. Once I got to an 8 minute mile upped to 2 miles and again just done no more than that but aimed for quicker each time.

As is stand I feel absolutely great and as healthy and fit as I’ve ever been. I did drink a few times in that period but had cut down a fair bit on previous. That time period also included a 4 day stag do abroad.

It’s f***ing hard work at the beginning but after a week I started to get used to the eating habits. Now I do it without even thinking about it.

' weight loss ' is slowing down but I know that's due to increase in muscle growth. Down to 15 st 9lbs. Target is 14st7lbs (I'm 6 foot) which I believe will be a healthy weight to stand at whilst then trying to improve body shape/bring out muscle definition and abs if possible!

Such a long way from being the almost 22st lad I was not even a year ago.

superb that mate!

Got a question for anyone willing to answer ha!

So although I've had fantastic results with my weight loss I'm still unhappy with my stomach area even though I know this is most likely the last area that will reduce in size and start to tone etc..

Is there anything I can do to speed this up? Target it on more exercise? Throw in some cardio? What about my diet, reduce carbs and up protein intake? I feel like I've hit a standstill, a rut and need to overcome it!

Thanks lads

Back