Weight loss 2018

For years I always hoverd around the 94kg mark. I am keen runner but also love my food especially on a weekend so it tended to even itself out. This past 6 months I've had a lot on, house move been the main one. Meant a little drop off on the exercise and a few to many takeaways after long days at work and sorting house stuff out. Wight crept up to about 98kg. I'm 6ft 3 so carry it OK but thought I'd need to do something about it before it got a bit out of hand. Didn't want to hit the 16 stone mark which I was heading to.

Not that our lass needed to lose any weight but she joined slimming world to try and take a few pounds off so I'd thought it join her in what she was eating. I stick to it best I can but due to shift work I'm nowhere near as strict as she is but in a month I've shed about 4kg. Back down to just under 94kg at the moment. Eating some lovely food to with big portions so doesn't feel like I'm starving myself. Feels like the exercise is making a difference what with the diet change.

So if any of you out there are struggling to lose weight maybe you should give slimming world a crack. :)

For years I always hoverd around the 94kg mark. I am keen runner but also love my food especially on a weekend so it tended to even itself out. This past 6 months I've had a lot on, house move been the main one. Meant a little drop off on the exercise and a few to many takeaways after long days at work and sorting house stuff out. Wight crept up to about 98kg. I'm 6ft 3 so carry it OK but thought I'd need to do something about it before it got a bit out of hand. Didn't want to hit the 16 stone mark which I was heading to.

Not that our lass needed to lose any weight but she joined slimming world to try and take a few pounds off so I'd thought it join her in what she was eating. I stick to it best I can but due to shift work I'm nowhere near as strict as she is but in a month I've shed about 4kg. Back down to just under 94kg at the moment. Eating some lovely food to with big portions so doesn't feel like I'm starving myself. Feels like the exercise is making a difference what with the diet change.

So if any of you out there are struggling to lose weight maybe you should give slimming world a crack. :)
Well done mate, that is good but slimming world is a con. They are rebranding calorie counting, and they do it by creating points on low carbs/fat calculations. Please download MFP (free app) and eat less calories than you burn on your fitbit, trying to save you money mate as it is not sustainable for life apart from the odd vein stay at home mummy.

I am getting on a bit now and I am very overweight. Last Christmas I decided to do something about it, eating less and more exercise. I have been losing weight at a average of 3lb a month, it might not seem much to yous dedicated athletes out there but to me its a great achievement as my life style has improved greatly, little things like climbing four flights instead of two and being able to put my socks on without any great effort. This Christmas all going well I should be 2.5 stone lighter, steady away for me and I will have to tell the family to get me a smaller annual Sunderland AFC coat.

I am getting on a bit now and I am very overweight. Last Christmas I decided to do something about it, eating less and more exercise. I have been losing weight at a average of 3lb a month, it might not seem much to yous dedicated athletes out there but to me its a great achievement as my life style has improved greatly, little things like climbing four flights instead of two and being able to put my socks on without any great effort. This Christmas all going well I should be 2.5 stone lighter, steady away for me and I will have to tell the family to get me a smaller annual Sunderland AFC coat.

I don't have a like option but from how I read this you're proud of what you have achieved and so you should.
Good luck in reaching your goal

I am 18 clem, want to be down to 15 if possible. 6"2 so carry it ok. Tips please? Eat less, exercise more?
Smaller portion sizes, smaller plate:D and try to follow the wellness eating plan on the NHS site as much as possible. For exercise, mine consist mainly of walking for at least one hour every other day and asking my self "is it possible to walk rather than use transport". That's about it really, it works for me as I am in no great rush. Softly softly catch a monkey. Hope this helps.

Smaller portion sizes, smaller plate:D and try to follow the wellness eating plan on the NHS site as much as possible. For exercise, mine consist mainly of walking for at least one hour every other day and asking my self "is it possible to walk rather than use transport". That's about it really, it works for me as I am in no great rush. Softly softly catch a monkey. Hope this helps.
Thinking of starting running again but it just seems a bit boring to me. Maybe I need to go running to 'explore' rather than running around the same route to lose weight.

Haven't had an update in a while.

Currently at 3st & 9lb lost in a little over 4 months. 23cm off my waist. Dropped 6inches in trouser size (although this may be more now as my ' new ' trousers aren't staying up so well).

Currently at the same weight I was 4 years ago (from doing them crappy meal replacement shakes - which I stuck all the weight back on after!) but feeling and looking a lot better and leaner due to the fat being shed instead of muscle.

Haven't had an update in a while.

Currently at 3st & 9lb lost in a little over 4 months. 23cm off my waist. Dropped 6inches in trouser size (although this may be more now as my ' new ' trousers aren't staying up so well).

Currently at the same weight I was 4 years ago (from doing them crappy meal replacement shakes - which I stuck all the weight back on after!) but feeling and looking a lot better and leaner due to the fat being shed instead of muscle.

Congratulations, great effort that.

I am 18 clem, want to be down to 15 if possible. 6"2 so carry it ok. Tips please? Eat less, exercise more?

Weight loss is at least 85% diet. I've ran 320 miles training in the last 4/5 months and only lost a stone.

Exercise helps as it means you can eat that little bit more but it's all about what you put in your mouth.

I hit 14 stone just before Christmas but I gave up eating sweets 6 months ago, pretty much gave up drinking 4 weeks ago and started eating chicken salad every day. I hit 12.5 stone last Friday which is the top end of the BMI for my 5' 10 height. Another half stone off should be easy. I woke up Sunday feeling as fit as a lop.
But it means I will need to practically live off salads to maintain a healthy weight.
Is it really worth it ?

I hit 14 stone just before Christmas but I gave up eating sweets 6 months ago, pretty much gave up drinking 4 wluckeeks ago and started eating chicken salad every day. I hit 12.5 stone last Friday which is the top end of the BMI for my 5' 10 height. Another half stone off should be easy. I woke up Sunday feeling as fit as a lop.
But it means I will need to practically live off salads to maintain a healthy weight.
Is it really worth it ?
Luckily I love both salad, vegtables and most fruit and have loads of variations for meals.

Im a fussy eater, not liking salad/fruit/veg (apart from a few exceptions) so meals are a bit more tricky for me. I've just started having some meal replacement shakes at dinner rather than a sandwich/wrap and on a night im trying to eat a bit better although it's never been too bad. Cutting out as much shite as possible, but allowing myself to have something if i really fancy/want it. Never have breakfast, but have a cereal bar mid morning if I start to feel hungry. Not really bothered about the numbers (weight wise) and just want to feel better and fit into smaller size clothing. Only been doing it a couple weeks without any extra exercise yet, but hoping to get out walking a few times a week to help me along. Anyone recommend any replacement shakes/bars as just got some from Holland & Barrett with a voucher I got, but seems fairly expensive

Im a fussy eater, not liking salad/fruit/veg (apart from a few exceptions) so meals are a bit more tricky for me. I've just started having some meal replacement shakes at dinner rather than a sandwich/wrap and on a night im trying to eat a bit better although it's never been too bad. Cutting out as much shite as possible, but allowing myself to have something if i really fancy/want it. Never have breakfast, but have a cereal bar mid morning if I start to feel hungry. Not really bothered about the numbers (weight wise) and just want to feel better and fit into smaller size clothing. Only been doing it a couple weeks without any extra exercise yet, but hoping to get out walking a few times a week to help me along. Anyone recommend any replacement shakes/bars as just got some from Holland & Barrett with a voucher I got, but seems fairly expensive
USN chocolate cream

Back