Weight loss 2018

Caer_Urfa

Striker
Haway then who is starting the gym after the new year with the goal to lose the beef?

I am one, mainly going to be the gym and also hopefully do some outdoor running which i haven't done for 4 years.

Any pointers and guidance from the boards superior fitness experts welcome.

Me too :)

Lost a few lbs already with a strict detox.

Just about to ask on the running thread about the best beginner running stuff.

Good luck.

I'm in.

Went from about 105kg to 91kg last year, want to be 85 so 'normal' BMI and ideally 80.

Coupling it with more exercise should see some chest/waist shrinkage, albeit possibly at the expense of the weight.

Good luck all, I'm aiming for 0.5kg per week through 3/4 diet, 1/4 exercise...

Might as well join in again. Last year was a write off as I was ill for most of it and the weight has crept back on again.

Need to try and get my health sorted out and get back into exercise.

Lost loads first half of last year then couldn't exorcise (psoriatic enthesitis and arthritis, fun times) which really destroyed my motivation, ended up bigger than ever:(

I've now got some super new drugs which at least stop my joins and tendons getting any worse, have worked out some weekly diet plans with my fitness pal, started up with the running club again and think i've worked out a low impact version of the first month of insanity workouts. 196 lbs now.

I'm in. My gout, arthritic knee, high cholesterol, and sleep apnoea are now telling me its time to shift 10-15 kgs.
Dry January - apart from the 1st - will hopefully last. Sorted my bike, biking gear and the cross trainer out. Down 1.2 kgs so far.

I'm in too. I was planning on it from New Year. Got weighed on New Year's Day which was probably a bad idea and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. Gutted actually coz 4 years ago I lost a lot through exercise and illness but I'm about 4 stone heavier now.

Been for a few small runs this year and being eating healthy through the week. Always trip up on a weekend though and eat like a pig so need to try and not do that as much.

Already shed 3lb since the 1st Jan through a strict detox, dry jan and walking 2 hours a day (an hour of which mon-fri being my work commute). Need to keep this going. Feel better mentally too.

Back