Weekly bin collection.

So when we had weekly people were thick lazy and awkward? Honest mate I would leave it alone.

Years ago we had 1 bin collection a week. Now we have 1 bin collection a week. Its just that rubbish is split between 2 bins. Why is it that people managed back then, and now struggle after the increase to 1.5 was reduced back to 1 a week?

Years ago we had 1 bin collection a week. Now we have 1 bin collection a week. Its just that rubbish is split between 2 bins. Why is it that people managed back then, and now struggle after the increase to 1.5 was reduced back to 1 a week?
I’m gonna take a wild guess here............... more rubbish?

Leeds council collections have been fortnightly for each bin for about 8 years, and there's not rubbish all over the place here.

Barely even heard anyone mention it, even when it first changed. Why can't people from Sunderland deal with it?
I've never actually spoken to anyone who has complained about it so no idea where these people come from who pop up to complain in the papers and on social media, etc.

Well, actually I do have some idea but I better keep it to myself.

Back in the day everyone had massive back garden fires to get rid of all their shit

I thought it was the Government who had instructed the councils to start weekly collections again?
Sush man. Everyone thinks it’s I think.
Like I’m supposed to go against the government.

I'm sure they were thick lazy and awkward then too yes (if they were alive / old enough to manage the waste in the household). What's your point?
Away man more waste to handle surely is the answer.

Well yeah durr,
Question im asking is why?
Why are some producing more waste? Im not.
As a nation we produce more waste than ever. There will be people who can manage. Single people, one parent one child families. If all you worry about is your waste maybe a married couple with a small child can manage. I can’t so this is good for me.
It doesn’t mean I’m a minger or thick or a chav or poor or unemployed.
It means I have a bigger family and more waste. Surely. Or can you not understand that?

Last edited:

As a nation we produce more waste than ever. There will be people who can manage. Single people, one parent one child families. If all you worry about is your waste maybe a married couple with a small child can manage. I can’t so this is good for me.
It means I have a bigger family and more waste. Surely. Or can you not understand that?
Got two primary school kids and one on the way for nappies in a few weeks. Fortnightly is fine. How many do you have in your gaff?!

Got two primary school kids and one on the way for nappies in a few weeks. Fortnightly is fine. How many do you have in your gaff?!
Me our lass a 23 year old a 17 year old and a 10 year old. The 23 and 17 year get enough parcels to fill a wheelie bin per week. You will understand soon enough. The three of them eat more than us.

Weve had 20 odd years of the green/recycle agenda so again why are people producing more waste? They shouldnt be really

Bins on the pier.
More litter pickers.
A big announcement for the vaux site.
1001 regurgitated ways to mention the houses down the seafront being the start of something big.
I bet keel square and the engine rooms is mentioned.
Tall ships tall ships and tall ships.

Let’s see the tennants in the Vaux office block by may, seen as we were told they would be in by January.

Cheers mate I was undecided who to vote for next time but after reading that endorsement I'm going Labour definitely now.

Weve had 20 odd years of the green/recycle agenda so again why are people producing more waste? They shouldnt be really
Because we consune more food that’s has more packaging more plastic bottles. I would imagine bottles water sales has rocketed in the last 20 year. Online sales involving packaging is one of our personal problems. More electrical products that get more often come within waste. More takeaways. More alcohol being consumed at home. The list goes on marra. All these things are across the board. Not everyone will be affected by these like I say but most will. That’s why most people want weeklys back.

Because we consune more food that’s has more packaging more plastic bottles. I would imagine bottles water sales has rocketed in the last 20 year. Online sales involving packaging is one of our personal problems. More electrical products that get more often come within waste. More takeaways. More alcohol being consumed at home. The list goes on marra. All these things are across the board. Not everyone will be affected by these like I say but most will. That’s why most people want weeklys back.

Most of which is recycleble. Im just not buying it. Its all just excuses for folk to have a bit of a moan.

Cheers mate I was undecided who to vote for next time but after reading that endorsement I'm going Labour definitely now.
Same here. Always do because my dad did and he was a communist/miner.

Most of which is recycleble. Im just not buying it. Its all just excuses for folk to have a bit of a moan.
I’d be happy with an extra recycle bin tbf and keep it fornightly, I don’t mind recycling waste standing around for a fortnight but it’s a step forward.

Last edited:

Back