Weekly bin collection.

I never said don't listen. Just don't always do what those that shout loudest say, or even the majority sometimes. This is the very reason we elect people to make decisions for us. And I never mentioned disclosure at any point so no idea what you are on about with that point.
Ok my mistake. So don’t always listen to the majority?
Bloody hell mate. How would we know who making the decisions then? Oh yes disclosure.

The default setting is "I manage OK so there isn't a problem" or ''well if you struggle you're obviously a non-recycling scumbag".
Seems to be the answer to a lot of things on here mate.

Last edited:

Its not like there's any local elections around the corner is it. Oh hang on, they're in May, and Labour are expecting heavy losses after a shit-show of a year.
Expect more concessions from leader Miller between now and then.

Its not like there's any local elections around the corner is it. Oh hang on, they're in May, and Labour are expecting heavy losses after a shit-show of a year.
Expect more concessions from leader Miller between now and then.
Bins on the pier.
More litter pickers.
A big announcement for the vaux site.
1001 regurgitated ways to mention the houses down the seafront being the start of something big.
I bet keel square and the engine rooms is mentioned.
Tall ships tall ships and tall ships.

Let’s see the tennants in the Vaux office block by may, seen as we were told they would be in by January.

There is a problem, but its not fortnightly bin collections. Its people being thick/lazy/deliberately awkward.

It's this, it's not 'i'm alright' it's more that the majority of the country is alright. So maybe you need to make some minor adjustments, which are for the good of everyone in the long run.

The rest of the country manage fine on general waste 1 week and recycling the next. Bizarre that it's such a big deal for people in Sunderland.
I just think the people of Sunderland like to moan, it’s ingrained into the fabric of this city. Even small issues seem to be made big, so it’s no wonder that the larger things are met with resistance.

They absolutely hate change and can’t seem to adapt, even if it’s changing waste habits.

It’s no wonder the city is lagging behind.

There is a problem, but its not fortnightly bin collections. Its people being thick/lazy/deliberately awkward.
Bang on this mind!

As an alternative to the current Labour Council - are people seriously considering a move to a Conservative led Sunderland Council on here???:rolleyes:

They couldn't run a bath, let alone the city's council.

I've got two young kids and pets, and I can't get my bin lids shut week on week. My blue bin is 90% full now, and doesn't get emptied until Tuesday. I've probably made five seperate trips to the tip this year on top of that. I personally don't give a toss if it stays at fortnightly collections, but I do think you should give people the option of a slightly bigger bin (say 30%) to accommodate people that could do with it.

My point still stands
How do you know they manage perfectly well?
I can't actually speak for the entire country.
People certainly manage well where I live. Barely any mess on the streets and no reports of any illnesses linked to waste that I know of.

Has there been a spike in illness since Sunderland went weekly to fortnightly?

I can't actually speak for the entire country.
People certainly manage well where I live. Barely any mess on the streets and no reports of any illnesses linked to waste that I know of.

Has there been a spike in illness since Sunderland went weekly to fortnightly?
There's been a spike in rubbish making the place look a mess

There's been a spike in rubbish making the place look a mess

Leeds council collections have been fortnightly for each bin for about 8 years, and there's not rubbish all over the place here.

Barely even heard anyone mention it, even when it first changed. Why can't people from Sunderland deal with it?

Leeds council collections have been fortnightly for each bin for about 8 years, and there's not rubbish all over the place here.

Barely even heard anyone mention it, even when it first changed. Why can't people from Sunderland deal with it?
You asking me?
I don't know I barely manage over the two weeks so would assume households with more people in them would struggle

they should put biffa bins there to share, rather than collecting individual bins.

this should be good :lol:

Last edited:

They're all laid up with the bubonic plague from all the rubbish IIRC.

Back