Weekly bin collection.

It won't be a weekly collection as you would traditionally expect. It will be a separate collection of food waste only, most likely in quite a small container. From 2023 onwards.
It had better be just that or it is a massive waste of money and a disgraceful backwards step

I hate to tell them I told you so but errrrrrr I told you so.......The rise in fly tipping (as predicted) since the removal of weekly collections has turned the City into a shit hole.......Had stuff dumped twice outside our house on bin day in last month and cause the bin men wont collect it I end up having to take other peoples shit to the tip.

I suspect fortnightly collections work in middle class areas but it was never going to work in Sunderland.

It had better be just that or it is a massive waste of money and a disgraceful backwards step
It won't be. It will be food waste collection only. Legislation due to pass in 2023 according to the new government strategy. It may actually save money because it'll be cheaper to process the food waste than send it to landfill.

As if a gypo cares about bin collection frequency.

They just leave it piled up in the latest poor sod's field they invaded.
I’d put it in your bin. And park outside your house.

I hate to tell them I told you so but errrrrrr I told you so.......The rise in fly tipping (as predicted) since the removal of weekly collections has turned the City into a shit hole.......Had stuff dumped twice outside our house on bin day in last month and cause the bin men wont collect it I end up having to take other peoples shit to the tip.

I suspect fortnightly collections work in middle class areas but it was never going to work in Sunderland.
What a post. Bang on.

Last edited:

I have no idea what your wealth has to do with it.

I'd say the introduction of paying for bulk waste has caused fly tipping, not fortnightly bin collections.

Let's not blame criminal / scumbag behaviour on being poor.

Mass prosecutions is the way forward.

And a challenge culture on littering. When I see it I challenge the gonk that does it but I'm the only one ever.

I have no idea what your wealth has to do with it.

I'd say the introduction of paying for bulk waste has caused fly tipping, not fortnightly bin collections.

Let's not blame criminal / scumbag behaviour on being poor.

Mass prosecutions is the way forward.

And a challenge culture on littering. When I see it I challenge the gonk that does it but I'm the only one ever.
This, a lot of the people who fly tip are self employed. The reason they fly tip is because it will cost to take it to the tip.

Brilliant news!!!! Finally listening to the people.

No maggots.
Clean bins
Less fly tipping.

Something good happens and the smb turn on the government!!! Who would have thought.
The problem with listening to the people is that a lot of people are completely thick. Thats why we have a government, judiciary etc. Have you not met many people? Read the facebook nonsense thread?

If we let people make decisions they invariably get it wrong.

The problem with listening to the people is that a lot of people are completely thick. Thats why we have a government, judiciary etc. Have you not met many people? Read the facebook nonsense thread?

If we let people make decisions they invariably get it wrong.
So don’t listen to the people?
Let central government make the decisions without disclosure?
Brilliant!!!! Best idea I’ve heard on here.
You’re definitely right about being thick.

So don’t listen to the people?
Let central government make the decisions without disclosure?
Brilliant!!!! Best idea I’ve heard on here.
You’re definitely right about being thick.
I never said don't listen. Just don't always do what those that shout loudest say, or even the majority sometimes. This is the very reason we elect people to make decisions for us. And I never mentioned disclosure at any point so no idea what you are on about with that point.

Brilliant news!!!! Finally listening to the people.

No maggots.
Clean bins
Less fly tipping.

Something good happens and the smb turn on the government!!! Who would have thought.
The default setting is "I manage OK so there isn't a problem" or ''well if you struggle you're obviously a non-recycling scumbag".

Back