Weekly bin collection.

We already have weekly bin collections. If you manage your refuse properly between your bins it shouldnt be a problem. Id rather the already overstretched budget went elsewhere.

Well done on bowing to those who fail to manage their waste output effectively.

Looks like I was beaten to it

We already have weekly bin collections. If you manage your refuse properly between your bins it shouldnt be a problem. Id rather the already overstretched budget went elsewhere.

Looks like I was beaten to it
me too. they'd be collecting bins that are less than half full from most people. spend the money on something else.

When I forget to put the bin out it's always the green one like. But then I'm not going to cry about the frequency of bin collections when I'm too lazy/forgetful to put the fucker out.

Just use your neighbours' bins.

It won't be a weekly collection as you would traditionally expect. It will be a separate collection of food waste only, most likely in quite a small container. From 2023 onwards.

It won't be a weekly collection as you would traditionally expect. It will be a separate collection of food waste only, most likely in quite a small container. From 2023 onwards.

Indeed. That's Gove's idea. Standard binnage being weekly would be a retrograde step but food waste being left uncollected can be a potential health hazard.

This is going to put a strain on me. I get on well with my current bin man and we even exchange Christmas cards. I can't sustain this now that I'll have a new one every week. Waste management gone mad.

Brilliant news!!!! Finally listening to the people.

No maggots.
Clean bins
Less fly tipping.

Something good happens and the smb turn on the government!!! Who would have thought.

The rest of the country manage fine on general waste 1 week and recycling the next. Bizarre that it's such a big deal for people in Sunderland.

It's what happens down here. From Christmas to back end of March this year, we've gone to monthly collections for our green bins (garden and recyclable food waste) also.

It will be a tiny little bin. It will help avoid your green bin stinking in the summer and get food recycled (compost?). The bin will be so small that it won’t really help people who are too lazy to manage their waste properly.

It will be a tiny little bin. It will help avoid your green bin stinking in the summer and get food recycled (compost?). The bin will be so small that it won’t really help people who are too lazy to manage their waste properly.
There’s a few on here fuming about something good mate. They always have negativity.

Back