Weekend city break

we were in Krakow last year, Monday to Thursday were very relaxed and all about the tourism, then the weekender trips arrived, stags/hens etc, and the atmosphere definitely ramped up suddenly, but there were no problems, it just got mega busy over the weekend, but it was great, no trouble or owt. Its a great place with loads to do without getting pissed if you don't want to. Really cheap and friendly, can't wait to go back.

You can fly from Newcastle to Girona in May for £14, don't think it is too much more to get back either.
Yes, I've done that (perhaps not that cheaply, mind). It was a bit strange as the majority on the flight seemed to be using it as a 'gateway' to Barcelona and the coast but Girona itself is well worth a visit. Only a short train ride to Figueres too.

Need a long weekend away , been to
Plenty European city breaks but never tried - Karakow / Palma / Malaga - all easily accessible from ponteland airport - any opinions , wasn’t sure if krakow be more geared up For stag doos or if those days were gone

Enjoyed palma a lot more than I thought I would. We stayed down the cost near the aquarium next to some apartments, few euro taxi from the airport, class.

Fancy Valencia but they pulled the flights a few year back

@Fletch Prague is canny
:lol::lol:.. let it go :lol:

Edinburgh or Leeds are the nearest for a decent choice of destinations now
Yeah I’ve used Leeds a few times and went Madrid from Edinburgh once , Leeds is piece of piss , as you say
Not much choice from Newcastle , did Manchester also but clart on just for a 3 night job

Last edited:
Fancy Valencia but they pulled the flights a few year back

:lol::lol:.. let it go :lol:

Yeah I’ve used Leeds a few times and went Madrid from Edinburgh once , Leeds is piece of piss , as you say
Not much choice from Newcastle , did Manchester also but clart on just for a 3 night job

Aye when I fly back we fly onto Leeds or Edinburgh, Prague is a fuck on to get to so fly bratislava to Leeds most the time

Back