Wednesday night in Newcastle

offmenut

Striker
The lass (Nar) wants a night out in Newcastle when we're up visiting me mam for a few days in August.
I just want to go out in sunland, too many lads tattoos n that, so haven't been out in tha toon for years.

We're canny sophisticated like, except for the tattoos n swearing etc, so if we do go out was contemplating the virtues of either ouseburn or Osborne Road.
Any advice on what nights out are like on those areas midweek?

Blackett arms
Black garter
Butlers
Rose and crown
Beehive
Pumphreys.
I would have included the Clock, but it’s had a refurb and the price of beer has gone up.

Why will there be less lads with tattoos in Sunderland than Newcastle ?
Got FTM tattoed all owa my pyatt marra.

Sunderland will be like a vacuum. It's quiet on a weekend here, unfortunately, and that's loud for Sunderland.
Gerrover marra
f***ing tremendous the town like :cool:
Mind, used to love Wednesday's in town back in the 90's.
Busy as fuck. Presume it's nowt like that nowadays. Annabells was always heaving.

Last edited:
Got FTM tattoed all owa my pyatt marra.

Gerrover marra
f***ing tremendous the town like :cool:
Mind, used to love Wednesday's in town back in the 90's.
Busy as fuck. Presume it's nowt like that nowadays. Annabells was always heaving.
Last time I was out on a weekend in Sunderland we ended up in Cooper Rose which was by far the busiest place we could find and they were playing a procession of early 90s hits unironically. It was dreadful. :lol:

Ouseburn is tremendous. Easily the best drinking area up here. It'll be pretty quiet during the week though.

Id just stick to Newcastle City centre as that is busy enough most week nights due to people heading out straight from work.
Cheers marra

I'll gan to Ouseburn . Booked the hotel du vin. Not really arsed if its quiet. Rather that than the centre, though will undoubtedly have to do some shopping.

Last time I was out on a weekend in Sunderland we ended up in Cooper Rose which was by far the busiest place we could find and they were playing a procession of early 90s hits unironically. It was dreadful. :lol:
Last time I was up revs was heaving, as were all the bars round the point. And se7en was busy as fuck with ska cool gadgies upstairs.
I love the town like, have never had a bad night out there.

Osborne Road is absolutely f***ing shit tbh.

Ouseburn is great but likely quiet. Fairly sure the Free Trade pub quiz is on but that's probably not what you want.
I'm sure I read on here Osborne Rd is canny and full of posh fanny.
I'll give it a miss though. Cheers marra

Too thick for quizs like

Last edited:
Cheers marra

I'll gan to Ouseburn . Booked the hotel du vin. Not really arsed if its quiet. Rather that than the centre, though will undoubtedly have to do some shopping.

Last time I was up revs was heaving, as were all the bars round the point. And se7en was busy as fuck with ska cool gadgies upstairs.
I love the town like, have never had a bad night out there.

I'm sure I read on here Osborne Rd is canny and full of posh fanny.
I'll give it a miss though. Cheers marra
I prefer to go out in Sunderland as it's closer than Newcastle and every night out is what you make of it, but it's been on a steady decline since I was a student all those years back. It's always far emptier than I remember it being back then and there is a distinct lack of variation from one place to the next. I f***ing hate Se7en by the way. :lol:

Back