Wedding ring affecting my deadlifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mick Dundee

I know this sounds a bit bizarre, but I would welcome any advice/suggestions.

I wouldn't say my finger has grown around my wedding ring because it slides up and down the bottom half of my finger very easily. My problem is that the fucker won't come off because it won't go past my knuckle. It's not a recent thing - I think last time I was able to remove it was 2007 (about 6 months after my wedding). I'm aware that if I ever pick up a finger injury it'll probably need to be sawn off (the ring, not the finger!)

Anyway, it's affecting my grip on my deadlifts (and a couple of ther exercises to a lesser degree). It is really digging into my finger quite hard to the extent that I'm concerned it will break the skin. I've been wearing training gloves and taping it up for the last few weeks but it doesn't seem to be helping any. Today I could have broken my PB for 5x5 but I only managed 3 reps in the final set because of my finger.

s there any way I can change my technique, or any equipment I can buy that will help with this?

I find being a hetrosexual always helps in these cases, sorry!

In all seriousness you'll need to put up with it or remove the ring. I used to have a similar problem where mine kept cutting my finger whether it was taped up or not so just done away with it.

Surely it'd make sense to cut it off and have it altered anyway to fit?

Place your hand in ice cold water and stand by with some vegetable oil and a tea towel.

Leave your hand in for as long as you can, then oil it and use the tea towel to grip and take it off, then get it sorted at the jewellers, I recently had mine reduced in size as it kept slipping off, cost £13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back