Wedding Guest Attire

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was thinking that. but is it acceptable to wear a waistcoat without a jacket?
Absolutely f***ing not. You will look like a clueless knob.

A suit is a jacket and matching strides not a f***ing waistcoat unless you expect to do double duty as a waiter or barman.

Get your suit out and try it on. If it's dark blue it might be fine. The lighter blue it is the less appropriate. Royal blue might pass muster but light blue will get you an audition for Gladys Knight's backing singer.

Try it on with your shirt. Make sure the sleeves hit your wrist bone so your shirt cuffs peek out about 1cm. Make sure your strides don't puddle around your ankles. Sleeve and hem andjustments are easy, quick and cheap.

Button the jacket. Make sure you don't get that X shape of wrinkles meaning your button is hanging on for dear life. DO NOT fasten the bottom button. If your suit no longer fits and there are wrinkles all over its time to upgrade. I keep telling people on here the best price x value x quality for a half-canvassed suit is www.suitsupply.com or Charles Thrwhitt.

Wear a plain white cotton shirt. Dark socks. Black belt and shoes. If you want a splash of colour get a tasteful silk tie and you can fold a plain white linen handkerchief into a TV (square) fold for your chest pocket. DO NOT get a matching tie and pocket square kit.

Do this and you'll be one of the best dressed men in the room in a tasteful way without detracting from the bride and groom in some attention seeking Timmy Mallet rainbow explosion.

Every real man should own at least one suit, even if only dusted off for weddings, funerals, bah mitzvahs and job interviews. Dark/navy blue or dark/ charcoal gray are the most versatile and don't require a degree in Gok Wan to pair up your accessories with.

Do not under any circumstances wear a waistcoat unless it's part of a three piece suit (and you're playing Mr Humphries in a revival of 'Are You Being Served').

Navy slim fit suit, waistcoat, fitted white shirt, thin knitted tie. (Knit tie is essential).

Your welcome :cool::cool:

You don't wear a knitted tie wit a three piece suit man. Total clash of formality levels.

Absolutely f***ing not. You will look like a clueless knob.

A suit is a jacket and matching strides not a f***ing waistcoat unless you expect to do double duty as a waiter or barman.

Get your suit out and try it on. If it's dark blue it might be fine. The lighter blue it is the less appropriate. Royal blue might pass muster but light blue will get you an audition for Gladys Knight's backing singer.

Try it on with your shirt. Make sure the sleeves hit your wrist bone so your shirt cuffs peek out about 1cm. Make sure your strides don't puddle around your ankles. Sleeve and hem andjustments are easy, quick and cheap.

Button the jacket. Make sure you don't get that X shape of wrinkles meaning your button is hanging on for dear life. DO NOT fasten the bottom button. If your suit no longer fits and there are wrinkles all over its time to upgrade. I keep telling people on here the best price x value x quality for a half-canvassed suit is www.suitsupply.com or Charles Thrwhitt.

Wear a plain white cotton shirt. Dark socks. Black belt and shoes. If you want a splash of colour get a tasteful silk tie and you can fold a plain white linen handkerchief into a TV (square) fold for your chest pocket. DO NOT get a matching tie and pocket square kit.

Do this and you'll be one of the best dressed men in the room in a tasteful way without detracting from the bride and groom in some attention seeking Timmy Mallet rainbow explosion.

Every real man should own at least one suit, even if only dusted off for weddings, funerals, bah mitzvahs and job interviews. Dark/navy blue or dark/ charcoal gray are the most versatile and don't require a degree in Gok Wan to pair up your accessories with.

Do not under any circumstances wear a waistcoat unless it's part of a three piece suit (and you're playing Mr Humphries in a revival of 'Are You Being Served').

You don't wear a knitted tie wit a three piece suit man. Total clash of formality levels.
@Tex fuckin NARS
Cheers pal

All day invite
1000 in the morning for ceremony, South Shields, fuck nars if it's traditional or whatnot
Got a blue suit from about 3 year ago when blue was back in fashion, not sure if it'll be a decent fit (not a fat bassa now, might have changed body shape due to exercise)
And I'm not wearing a f***ing top hat
Master Debonair, Boldon. thank me later.

Master Debonair, Boldon. thank me later.

I think this lad posts on here - I've never been to the shop but had a quick butchers at his website once and he seems to know the score. MLF IIRC.

Every time this topic comes up people tell you to go to Asda and get some cheap 'bargain' for pocket change. That's an option I suppose for people who are on a very strict low budget but I doubt you'd feel comfortable or cool in something like that. 'Oh you'll only wear it once or twice so you can throw it away!' That's the same mentality I don't understand, like people who use throwaway razors, lighters, pens and sunglasses instead of getting something of quality that will last, is a pleasure to use and doesn't contribute to the landfill.

Suiting up shouldn't be some kind of punitive chore, it should be a pleasure especially if it's a rare thing, to tighten up your tie, check yourself in the mirror and know you're looking decent. If I've been working from home too long (sitting in me boxers!) I look forward to the next time I'm visiting a job site and can get suited up and step out like a man not some schlumpy slob!

Green plus-fours, brown brogues, canary yellow socks, country check shirt, paisley tie, mustard yellow waistcoat with gold pocket watch and chain, and floppy brown '30's style golfing beret. You'll fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back