Website to allow clients to select photos they like / proofing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recommend a modern online way for allowing clients to view a set of candidate photographs and select a subset?

Something that is already established, does not require the client remembering filenames or numbers etc.

I'm currently using dropbox and writing down filenames or contact sheets. Both are very inefficient and not easy for the client to work with.

Someone suggested smugmug that allows client proofing in the pro version, but that looks like it's designed for a lot more than what I want and the price reflects that.

(I'm sure I already posted this. I'm either going mad or I've done my usual trick of posting photography stuff on pure football!)

Thanks.

Just to clarify. All I want is the client to be able to see password protected images and to be able to click to select them. I then get a list of images/ filenames they have selected.

No shopping carts, size choices.. very very simple

UPDATE:

I've tried using flickr, uploading images, making them private, adding to an album (set) and sharing them with a guest pass.

It all seems gravy until a guest tried to comment or favourite a photo as they have to log in with a yahoo account.

This mostly makes guest passes pointless.

Last edited:

Try Zenfolio

The "Client proofing and Favorites" feature is part of the Premium UK one @ £100/year by the looks of it. But 90% of the features I won't need.

All I need is to display pictures, client selects, I get a list. No basket, no watermarks, no selling, archiving.. something really simple.

I'm really surprised there is nothing out there already. I've seen loads of PHP applets and plugins that can do it, but I don't really want to change my website.

The "Client proofing and Favorites" feature is part of the Premium UK one @ £100/year by the looks of it. But 90% of the features I won't need.

All I need is to display pictures, client selects, I get a list. No basket, no watermarks, no selling, archiving.. something really simple.

I'm really surprised there is nothing out there already. I've seen loads of PHP applets and plugins that can do it, but I don't really want to change my website.

Ah right I have the premium and wasn't sure which options were free and which part of that package

If you are serious about running a photography business, you really shouldn't be baulking at paying £100 a year for something that does what you want, even if it does a whole load of stuff you don't want. Equally, you should be prepared to do some work on your website.

How many jobs will it take to recover the £100? How many jobs will it take to pay back a few hours effort changing your website?

If it is more than one, you need a new business plan!

If you are serious about running a photography business, you really shouldn't be baulking at paying £100 a year for something that does what you want, even if it does a whole load of stuff you don't want. Equally, you should be prepared to do some work on your website.

How many jobs will it take to recover the £100? How many jobs will it take to pay back a few hours effort changing your website?

If it is more than one, you need a new business plan!

I disagree 10000%. If you are running a business you look for cost cuts wherever you can whether its 1p, £100, or £10,000. That's the smart way to do things.

It just so happens that I've found a solution that is free and requires no web development work.

win, win for me, £100 better off and no extra work.

I am pleased you have found something. Any chance of sharing the solution with us as I am sure others will be interested?

We obviously look at things differently, but to me there is an equivalence between time and money. If I spend time looking for cheaper solutions when I am already aware there is an off the peg solution available, that is time I am not out selling or taking photographs (ie. earning money). Running a business to me is about making profits, not necessarily about cutting costs.

Just use here man. Real rate all the wads and wadn'ts for your clients so they don't have to.

What happens if his clients like HDR or wonky horizons though? They would never get passed here.

I am pleased you have found something. Any chance of sharing the solution with us as I am sure others will be interested?

We obviously look at things differently, but to me there is an equivalence between time and money. If I spend time looking for cheaper solutions when I am already aware there is an off the peg solution available, that is time I am not out selling or taking photographs (ie. earning money). Running a business to me is about making profits, not necessarily about cutting costs.

Yeah it's called Instaproof. So far it looks quite good. I still need to do more testing and maybe some company background testing.

Just use here man. Real rate all the wads and wadn'ts for your clients so they don't have to.

If they allowed the galleries to be password or URL protected and tracking of likes and some very basic skinning I would use here.

I disagree 10000%. If you are running a business you look for cost cuts wherever you can whether its 1p, £100, or £10,000. That's the smart way to do things.

It just so happens that I've found a solution that is free and requires no web development work.

win, win for me, £100 better off and no extra work.

Agree with this but only dependent on where you are at with the business… from what I remember you have just started out so cost saving is very much a necessity, later on when you have no time to even blink or breath £100 to save any hassle or work makes a lot of sense. I'm all for working smart with money when you start out though, no point in spending £100 if you don't need too, and £100 is actually a lot of money when the income from the business is quite low. I made something like a £3,500 loss in my 1st year of business and that was spending as wisely as I could

What happens if his clients like HDR or wonky horizons though? They would never get passed here.

I was on a Workshop yesterday to learn about digital blending. Be prepared to be dazzled byphotos with a LOT of dynamic range :lol:

HDR is fine if it's used literally for it's greater dynamic range, like 'shops 32-bit mode. It's really useful for interior shots that have windows in the frame where the tonal range is massive. It gets bastardised when it's got that horrible over contrasty, sharpened, halo crap.

And yes, I have been responsible for some of that too!

HDR is fine if it's used literally for it's greater dynamic range, like 'shops 32-bit mode. It's really useful for interior shots that have windows in the frame where the tonal range is massive. It gets bastardised when it's got that horrible over contrasty, sharpened, halo crap.

And yes, I have been responsible for some of that too!

The lad who ran the workshop was quite honest and showed us his early work as well as some of his more recent stuff. A few months ago he was asked by the Crown Prince in Dubai to do some Freelance stuff for him. He's getting "paid" in glass. A lot of glass! :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

The lad who ran the workshop was quite honest and showed us his early work as well as some of his more recent stuff. A few months ago he was asked by the Crown Prince in Dubai to do some Freelance stuff for him. He's getting "paid" in glass. A lot of glass! :lol:

Yeah it's like night and day (phun intended) between the two images. Thats very similar to my journey with HDR. I started making all of the images horrible and became more subtle later on to the point of not really being able to tell it's HDR.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back