Website slow to load?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a bit of a challenge getting the website to load. I'm on an android (Samsung) no jailbreak or owt, running Chrome. Other sites are loading fine but this one hangs and generally behaves as if I've got poor signal.

Just to add: seems to happen most when I've not been on for a while, then struggles to load. Fart about, checking the data signal and seeing how other sites are behaving, then it seems to load normally on the second or third attempt.

Therefore more of a niggle than a serious issue

Last edited:

The stats page is showing that there was a bit of an issue at 6am this morning for some reason with delays of around 2 seconds for some users, but it looks to have been fine since then.

Often these issues are related to slow loading adverts, but as you are a contributor that wouldn't apply on the forums, although it could cause problems on the main website pages.

Are you accessing via wifi or 3/4g when you are having the problem?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
via 4g and wifi. Can browse it no problems when not logged in. Pages load in a flash but minute I log in it's taking a long to open up forum and threads. It's very slow.

Any reasons?

Still loading at a pace which is around 56k dail up speeds.

Last edited:
The stats page is showing that there was a bit of an issue at 6am this morning for some reason with delays of around 2 seconds for some users, but it looks to have been fine since then.

Often these issues are related to slow loading adverts, but as you are a contributor that wouldn't apply on the forums, although it could cause problems on the main website pages.

Are you accessing via wifi or 3/4g when you are having the problem?

This is still happening BTW. Oddly though, when it happens and the page sticks, I switch to another window and refresh that page to see if the connection is the problem. Usually that page loads fine then when I go back to rtg the page has loaded

This is still happening BTW. Oddly though, when it happens and the page sticks, I switch to another window and refresh that page to see if the connection is the problem. Usually that page loads fine then when I go back to rtg the page has loaded
Nothing wrong with it here marra.

Yeah, happening loads over the last few days - 4g and super fast BT Infinity wi-fi.

Server response eventually times out and then just need to refresh browser (I-phone) then loads all ok.

Yeah, happening loads over the last few days - 4g and super fast BT Infinity wi-fi.

Server response eventually times out and then just need to refresh browser (I-phone) then loads all ok.

Did it during above post hence appearing twice

Still puzzled by this, the server itself is fine, and it sounds a bit more like packet-loss in the network, but none of the monitoring services I am using have picked up any problems. I've also not seen any issues myself to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back