Weather Watch

Had a walk round my usual patch over the woods/fields round Wheatley Hill/Thornley area and the amount of trees down in unbelievable and some in a dangerous situation. Unbelievable to think weather can do so much damage in such a short space of time. Frightening

Had a walk round my usual patch over the woods/fields round Wheatley Hill/Thornley area and the amount of trees down in unbelievable and some in a dangerous situation. Unbelievable to think weather can do so much damage in such a short space of time. Frightening
in 1839, on Windy Monday 20,000 trees were blown down in Chopwell Woods 🌪️🍃🌬️

It's like that in the woods out the back of mine.

Noticed some massive trees toppled over by the old folks bungalows in Stanley on the way home.

Bloody hell! Nightmare that. Can you not get them to fork out for a hotel or something?
We went and stayed at in laws last night. There are some really OAPs in my street too probably 60/40 split in their favour. Really worrying for them :oops:

My parents only came back on at dinnertime today. they live next village along from us

Got back home just before dark for first time since friday. 2 x ridge tiles laid between mine and neighbours. Hope they're hers. Nee offence old lady next door

Still no power here. Engineers came out at 3pm only to see that damage I had reported hadn't been recorded. They actually needed a full line team as line was broken... Like any fucker could see.
Lads who came out left angry. 4th night no power.
90 mins on phone now trying to confirm they aren't coming back (they need access) so I can get family to a hotel.

Last edited:
Still no power here. Engineers came out at 3pm only to see that damage I had reported hadn't been recorded. They actually needed a full line team as line was broken... Like any fucker could see.
Lads who came out left angry. 4th night no power.
90 mins on phone now trying to confirm they aren't coming back (they need access) so I can get family to a hotel.
Shit..where's that?

Back