Weather today

• Thread starter Iain Hesford's Bait Box
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iain Hesford's Bait Box

Was going to post this over on the SMB, but thought better of it, cos they'd probably rip the shreds/piss out of me :lol:

I'm convinced that I've just seen a little tornado hanging down over the backside of Murton, towards South Hetton. Coming off the a19 from Peterlee, then up the slip road at Dalton Park. It was a thin cloud snaking down from a git black cloud - but it was a continous strand, and it looked like it was on the ground. I was driving, so didnt get a pic. I drove up behind Dalton Park onto Moor Estate - but it was gone.

Bastard. :mad:

Was going to post this over on the SMB, but thought better of it, cos they'd probably rip the shreds/piss out of me :lol:

I'm convinced that I've just seen a little tornado hanging down over the backside of Murton, towards South Hetton. Coming off the a19 from Peterlee, then up the slip road at Dalton Park. It was a thin cloud snaking down from a git black cloud - but it was a continous strand, and it looked like it was on the ground. I was driving, so didnt get a pic. I drove up behind Dalton Park onto Moor Estate - but it was gone.

Bastard. :mad:

:lol:

Drove all over the north east today, even went through Peterlee and did not see a single tornado.

just say no to drugs, kids.

They are pretty common in the UK tbh. Seen a small funnel cloud off the Lothian coast (yes i do have a photo :)) and a fast rotating cloud in Bilsdale which didn't produce tornado. Too dark to shoot that on film and I mave have been blown away. Maybe one day

Don't they estimate we have around 900 a year here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back