Weather forecasts

I used to do a weather forecast on here for the weekend.

I have my own weather station which you can buy off the web but it’s nowt like the resources the pros have.

I also use a variety of other sources. I like the met office but not their graphics.

“Windy” has superb graphics but never seems accurate.

Magic Seaweed is good for sea based activities like sailing, fishing, surfing etc.

I also use CCTV cameras around the country as that is like looking out the window!

If the wind is westerly and it’s raining in Hexham - it’s coming our way.
You should still do it. It was entertaining.

I studied climatology and meteorology at university and its still just educated guesswork.

Feels to me like they're not as accurate as they used to be when they had much less sophisticated equipment.

But, perhaps that's just me getting old. "They're not as good as they were in my day"

It’s class when they say 50% chance of rain. Cheers 👍
Feels to me like they're not as accurate as they used to be when they had much less sophisticated equipment.

But, perhaps that's just me getting old. "They're not as good as they were in my day"
It’s the click bait mentality Bob mate.
grey and dull with a chance of showers doesn’t cut it anymore. The headline has got to read “UK WARNING” or “UK ON WEATHER ALERT”. Then when you read on it says grey and dull with a chance of rain.

Last edited:
A few years back the met office and the bbc were having bit of a dispute on how an incoming weather front was going to play out..you’d think the met office by their name would be right but they were way off..bbc were spot on.

:lol: you do realise the BBC don’t have a weather forecasting department

Back