'Wearside Jack' dead...

I watched a documentary about either him or the actual Yorkshire ripper case where Humble did make another call to the cops very shortly after his first calls or letters to say he’d been lying. The cop on the other end couldn’t understand him so didn’t take any details. Presumably it was never passed on for follow up inquiries to be made.

His phone call not only helped the real bastid kill a few more women it also brought suspicion on a lot of blokes up here. I know of one who had to live his life under abit of a cloud as he was always that bloke who was taken in and questioned as the ripper. His sick games ruined countless lives, I hope he did suffer guilt as it’s the least he deserves.

His phone call not only helped the real bastid kill a few more women it also brought suspicion on a lot of blokes up here. I know of one who had to live his life under abit of a cloud as he was always that bloke who was taken in and questioned as the ripper. His sick games ruined countless lives, I hope he did suffer guilt as it’s the least he deserves.

My fatha had long hair n delivered from blackhall to leeds! Stopped numerous times!:)

In his defence he did ring to tell them it was a hoax and also in hindsight the police were idiots to believe him too.

They were partly swayed by the contents of one letter that they thought only the killer would know. In actual fact the information had been printed in the Daily Mirror!
This. The police incompetence in this case was staggering.
Was it ever determined if he had a mental illness?
Here we go

Hard to believe but true . Thick bastards .
There was doggedness on the behalf of Oldfield in wanting to believe the hoax, but it’s a little unfair to call them thick. There was that much paperwork the floor of the offices had to be reinforced. Without today’s computing power, they never stood a chance. Sutcliffe was in the records they had at least three times.

Back