Wearmouth Bridge Death Yesterday.

A good start would be banning the like button across all social media. Sounds like fuck all but people massively rely on it for constant reassurance. Take it away from everyone and there’s no competition anymore. Also don’t let people display how many followers they’ve got.

The squeeze on peoples money these days is mental as well. Shopping is very expensive, fuel, clothes, gas and electric is etc. You’re constantly being squeezed for more and more money but are still trying to act like everything is ok and we’re all minted. We live in a world of fakery because none of us want to look a failure.

Can't disagree with a word of that

A good start would be banning the like button across all social media. Sounds like fuck all but people massively rely on it for constant reassurance. Take it away from everyone and there’s no competition anymore. Also don’t let people display how many followers they’ve got.

The squeeze on peoples money these days is mental as well. Shopping is very expensive, fuel, clothes, gas and electric is etc. You’re constantly being squeezed for more and more money but are still trying to act like everything is ok and we’re all minted. We live in a world of fakery because none of us want to look a failure.

I read an article about how the young'uns gauge how happy they are according to how many "likes" they are acquiring etc on social media. For an old fart like me it makes no sense but apparently it's true enough as I was talking to my kids about it. I'd be quite happy to do away with the like button on here.

Awful news and just horrible how many people are going to these dark places these days. Just seems more and more

A young man I know recently went off and took his own life and nobody suspected a thing .... This lad left the house as normal for work time and actually drove to a place to kill himself. I mean how dark must your world be to be in that place

horrible world these days

Someone who works at the hospital told me they can’t find out who this lad is as he’s not been reported missing and his dna isn’t on any police records or out, they think he’s in his 20s. Hopefully they have found out by now. Such a shame.

Awful news and just horrible how many people are going to these dark places these days. Just seems more and more

A young man I know recently went off and took his own life and nobody suspected a thing .... This lad left the house as normal for work time and actually drove to a place to kill himself. I mean how dark must your world be to be in that place

horrible world these days

Assuming that is the young lad from Seaham. Seems to be a lot of younger men taking their own lives, it's utterly tragic.

Someone who works at the hospital told me they can’t find out who this lad is as he’s not been reported missing and his dna isn’t on any police records or out, they think he’s in his 20s. Hopefully they have found out by now. Such a shame.

can’t find the edit button just been told it was a student from Rotherham 22 year old.

It is, I can't imagine feeling that level of hopelessness at such a tender age.
I’m 62 in a couple of weeks and can’t imagine it. Where I live we do a load of work for people living with dementia but I can’t think how we could identify people, especially young ones with their life in front of them, who want to take their own lives.

I’d love to hear if anybody can suggest how people in this situation could be identified while there is still a chance to help.

I’m 62 in a couple of weeks and can’t imagine it. Where I live we do a load of work for people living with dementia but I can’t think how we could identify people, especially young ones with their life in front of them, who want to take their own lives.

I’d love to hear if anybody can suggest how people in this situation could be identified while there is still a chance to help.

I don't have a great deal of experience or knowledge, but a lot of people are extremely adept at concealing how they truly feel. I imagine it's quite easy to present the facade of being happy. You often read how the last time people see someone, they're laughing and joking and 'seemed fine'.

Agree with this entirely marra. Got rid of Facebook and Instagram near enough a year ago, constantly comparing yourself to others man.

Champagne lifestyle on brown ale wages, all fake and ticked up to bits but looks great...
Spot on there, I'd hate the pressure the kids and young adults have now regarding image and lifestyle.

Back