Wearing red & white for Coventry game

Anyone taking younguns should get them to shred some paper and give the lads a ticker tape reception. I can always remember Portsmouth doing it in the early 90’s and thinking it looked class as a kid

They are still worried about us.

Not surprising, we’ll go up, they’ll go down. We’re the biggest club in the North East.

They won't go down. Not this season anyway.

As for the colours - it might look good visually on the telly but the numbers and vocal noise is far more impressive. There'll be no bother though it's Coventry ffs

Some people have short memories, some know no better.

Sunderland supporters have always worn their 'favours' since the club started and continued for decades until modern merchandising took a hold ... as a 5 year old I was given two hand made rosettes, one of Nick Sharkey and the other Charlie Hurley.

In the 1973 FA Cup Final you can see all kinds of red & white items that were obviously knocked up on a kitchen table or knitted by someone's gran. Wearing the colours of your team is something entirely harmless and normal.

Why some sanctimonious types are so quick to sneer at football supporters daring to wear the colours of their team, at a match, is beyond me. Perhaps it's not chic or PC enough .... fuck knows, it's just petty and miserable in my opinion.

People have moaned, over the last few years, that the owners have become detached from the supporters ....

... now they're asking for such an innocent display of support there are people using it as another excuse the whinge. All the totally predictable comments, about flogging off old stock, Stone Island gear, middle aged men in replica tops, etc, were trotted out in seconds.

FFS there are some miserable fuckers on this board :rolleyes:

Is this the NUFC fans who wank themselves into a coma over a few flags. Flags that usually get stolen at the end of the game.

They continue to pay for a load of flags only for them to be nicked every week :lol:

They won't go down. Not this season anyway.

As for the colours - it might look good visually on the telly but the numbers and vocal noise is far more impressive. There'll be no bother though it's Coventry ffs

They’re down.

Sunderland supporters have always worn their 'favours' since the club started and continued for decades until modern merchandising took a hold ... as a 5 year old I was given two hand made rosettes, one of Nick Sharkey and the other Charlie Hurley.

In the 1973 FA Cup Final you can see all kinds of red & white items that were obviously knocked up on a kitchen table or knitted by someone's gran. Wearing the colours of your team is something entirely harmless and normal.

Why some sanctimonious types are so quick to sneer at football supporters daring to wear the colours of their team, at a match, is beyond me. Perhaps it's not chic or PC enough .... fuck knows, it's just petty and miserable in my opinion.

People have moaned, over the last few years, that the owners have become detached from the supporters ....

... now they're asking for such an innocent display of support there are people using it as another excuse the whinge. All the totally predictable comments, about flogging off old stock, Stone Island gear, middle aged men in replica tops, etc, were trotted out in seconds.

Wemberley ‘73, I was in a r/w striped cardi, black baggies & red dm’s ( done on my kitchen table :) ) & in the Leeds end :lol:
Wear what ya want ffs ( as long as r/w or SAFC )

Calm down @Riever man, you'll give yourself a coronary;)

I take it someone has sorted you out with a tkt, so chill and look forward to a cracking away day:cool:

Calm down @Riever man, you'll give yourself a coronary;)

I take it someone has sorted you out with a tkt, so chill and look forward to a cracking away day:cool:

I'm perfectly calm, it doesn't take a rage to laugh at the miseries on here.

They'll be moaning about your flag next ;)

I will be wearing the 73 home shirt. Not a fan of the modern shirts.

I wasn't planning to wear my red & white shirt but will do now ...

.... the club are doing their best to engage with the supporters so hoying a shirt on is no great effort.

Back