Wearing glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 6 months ago I had to start wearing glasses full time.

So now when I try to look through the viewfinder I can't get close enough to see properly, and if I take my glasses off I can't see a bloody thing.

Has anyone else on here had to cope with this, what did you do?

Is there not a little dial with diopter (sp?) adjustment for geg wearers? Think most SLRs have them.

Is there not a little dial with diopter (sp?) adjustment for geg wearers? Think most SLRs have them.

I'm a full time gleg wearer like, and i think the OP means the physical distance the glasses puts between the eye and the cameras viewfinder. But aye the diopter just changes the focus from what i can gather?????

does adjusting this help with glasses i may have to have another gander at it.

I'm a full time gleg wearer like, and i think the OP means the physical distance the glasses puts between the eye and the cameras viewfinder. But aye the diopter just changes the focus from what i can gather?????

does adjusting this help with glasses i may have to have another gander at it.
I think the idea is if you take your gegs off the diopter adjustment compensates for your eyesight without the glasses so you can get your eye up close.

I think the idea is if you take your gegs off the diopter adjustment compensates for your eyesight without the glasses so you can get your eye up close.

hmm i've never tried with my glasses off and adjusting it like, but i can't imagine it covers the corrections as prescriptions ?

edit, just tested, it is no replacement or help for someone with eye sight as bad as me like lol

Last edited:
hmm i've never tried with my glasses off and adjusting it like, but i can't imagine it covers the corrections as prescriptions ?
Not sure, guess it depends how bad your eyesight is! :lol:

Started wearing glasses just under a year ago, and I'm nearing 40. Never had a problem or needed to change anything when using cameras

Peer over the top of my glegs. I ought to review the diopter setting, some of my manual shots have been a bit out of focus lately.

That might work. Though it won't fit my older cameras at least I'll be able to use it on my 7D and EOS 3.

I've tried the diopter and it's no good.

Could just switch it over to liveview when the light permits?

AB22 Easy Tiger said:
For some reason I just can't get away with that. Much prefer the viewfinder.

Same reason I'm not keen on these compact system things. I like being able to look through the lens. I do find the live view thing useful for manual/auto focusing in really low light though. It's a load easier than the viewfinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back