Wear crossing

Whats the latest on the new bridge opening? Anyone ITK? Wasnt there someone on here few weeks ago about QA bridge who knew the bridge engineer?
Bridge opening? Never gonna happen! It's the Sunderland curse. Some document won't have been signed or something meaning that they can never legally allow vehicular access to the bridge

Bridge opening? Never gonna happen! It's the Sunderland curse. Some document won't have been signed or something meaning that they can never legally allow vehicular access to the bridge
Actually I wrote that as a joke but it wouldn't surprise me. That'll be why there is no sign of even when they might be announcing the opening date even though the bridge was finished ages ago. They are madly jumping through all the legal hoops trying to avoid the bridge getting closed before it even opens.

Last edited:

I’ve checked it over and it looks fine like. He took it over to where coles cranes security barrier was to get it done last time. The lads who polished it were from Leeds.
Check the glass. That’s generally where it’s easiest to spot.

Some of the cars in the car park have definitely been hit again.

Actually I wrote that as a joke but it wouldn't surprise me. That'll be why there is no sign of even when they might be announcing the opening date even though the bridge was finished ages ago. They are madly jumping through all the legal hoops trying to avoid the bridge getting closed before it even opens.
Or the peice of land under the road they forgot to buy

Whats the latest on the new bridge opening? Anyone ITK? Wasnt there someone on here few weeks ago about QA bridge who knew the bridge engineer?

You may mean me, I’d mentioned something along those lines. Spoke again today didn’t get much out of him. He was on the crane but there’s now rope access workmen at the top repainting, he’s still saying it’s a long way off but can’t even estimate how long as it’s something that’s never happened to any of them on site. I reckon a few months away but just going on the exasperated look on his face.

You may mean me, I’d mentioned something along those lines. Spoke again today didn’t get much out of him. He was on the crane but there’s now rope access workmen at the top repainting, he’s still saying it’s a long way off but can’t even estimate how long as it’s something that’s never happened to any of them on site. I reckon a few months away but just going on the exasperated look on his face.
This to me seems that @silva fox might have a point in that it sounds more like a legal/ownership problem. This painting excuse wouldn't take months to complete.

No that would be hilarious
He'd get the road re-routed and open a Fish and chip shop on his land, that would piss the council off.

If it's months, some people on here amazingly will be paying out on bets.

Last edited:
I was told its true. A triangular piece of land on the south side which the owner is playing hard to get

If it is true, given how long theyve been working on the bridge, why has it only just come to light? And how can owner play hard to get, council would just CPO it. I have my doubts on that one.

That’s an absolute joke if true but ties in with why the bridge isnt open

It doesnt really. There's an issue with paint work thats causing the delays.

Last edited:

Back