Wear crossing

Do you use the A1231 at all? Those horrible roundabouts are free flowing and usually with no queues, however the roundabout with traffic lights on at the A19 there are always tailbacks, make of that what you will.

'Those horrible roundabouts'? I didn't say that.

One roundabout. North side of the QA bridge. That one specific roundabout.

'Those horrible roundabouts'? I didn't say that.

One roundabout. North side of the QA bridge. That one specific roundabout.

sorry misread. I'm always in too minds whether that is a roundabout or one way system, either ways it cancel handle current traffic volumes.

I'm happy they are doing it, I'd just have rathered they did it a bit better. But its still going to be better for those going into town from the A19. For those of us on the north side getting to the A19 is going to be worse due to the lights, people already do a rat run round the back of wickes to avoid it.

Do you use the A1231 at all? Those horrible roundabouts are free flowing and usually with no queues, however the roundabout with traffic lights on at the A19 there are always tailbacks, make of that what you will.

Traffic lights create queues of traffic to prevent gridlock, an altogether different thing.

It's nearly always busy on there. Of course we need this bridge, he thinks we should be spending money on something else..

That's what it is. Got to be a mag
As events unfold in Sunderland ... and will continue to unfold, the arrogant, supercilious inhabitants of Newcastle are finding that there is more and more to envy in Sunderland. Assuming they have acquired a passport, learned how to use a Metro or a train ticket and dared to travel south of the Tyne.

They have much to learn. I look forward to it. They can no longer steal or divert funding intended directly for Sunderland or for Tyne and Wear into their city. A theft they have benefited from for decades.

The echo comments section is inhabited by about a dozen Tory activists who will slate anything the council are involved in, to the point that on numerous occasions they end up contradicting themselves. I wouldn't worry about them tbh
Have a like. How anybody born/brought up in Sunderland can support the Tories remains a mystery to me.

Who's to say that they won't be building more units along the river next to the new bridge? Because that's the plan.
You could protest by not using it when it's built
Nice one Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
As events unfold in Sunderland ... and will continue to unfold, the arrogant, supercilious inhabitants of Newcastle are finding that there is more and more to envy in Sunderland. Assuming they have acquired a passport, learned how to use a Metro or a train ticket and dared to travel south of the Tyne.

They have much to learn. I look forward to it. They can no longer steal or divert funding intended directly for Sunderland or for Tyne and Wear into their city. A theft they have benefited from for decades.

Have a like. How anybody born/brought up in Sunderland can support the Tories remains a mystery to me.

Nice one Steve.
Why would anyone in Newcastle come to Sunderland?

That photo on there of the near completed bridge at night looks amazing, it gives the vibe of structure you would see in a major city, I don't think I've ever felt that feeling about Sunderland the city from a single photo before.

Thus, for the first time, this is Bridge is really something which shatters that small time "town" atmosphere of Sunderland. It makes us feel we are something bigger, more significant, what a fantastic job it is!

That photo on there of the near completed bridge at night looks amazing, it gives the vibe of structure you would see in a major city, I don't think I've ever felt that feeling about Sunderland the city from a single photo before.

Thus, for the first time, this is Bridge is really something which shatters that small time "town" atmosphere of Sunderland. It makes us feel we are something bigger, more significant, what a fantastic job it is!
Calm down dear. It's only a bridge.

its alright walk 5 minutes either direction of the bridge you have smashed up offices, swastika's painted on the ground, underpasses filled with glass.

Back