Wear crossing

It's going to be class when it's finished....however I did for some reason expect it to be bigger - like Eiffel Tower big :lol:
I know what you mean. It's pretty tall but it's obviously sited at river level, which sinks it a bit straightaway.

It's looking better in the sun with a bit of blue sky behind it and should look great if it has decent lighting.

We need another thread about a footbridge from SOL to the Vaux site, they are always good for a laugh for the massive rows that get going.

Could combine it with the monorail.

Logon or register to see this image

It's going to be class when it's finished....however I did for some reason expect it to be bigger - like Eiffel Tower big :lol:

That's because the original proposals were for a 180 metre high pylon, this one is 105 metres high.

couple of UFOs at 2 o'clock
I wasn't getting out of the car, it was f***ing freezing.

Last edited:
Funny you should mention that, I was sat on the train yesterday behind two women on the project proposing solutions to the train station 'problem'. Seems its a single Tennant refusing to move that's causing the hold up.

Sunderland City Council have obviously never seen Robocop 3 then.

Shame we never got the original, but this will do imo..

It'll look far far better against the backdrop of a regenerated riverside...let's hope this is the gateway to the regeneration the city wants and needs!
Depends if some of the residents have the same ambition, as some think we should have spent this allocated money on bin collections.

One of the articles I have read the council has said there is a lot of interest in the old docks around where the bridge is being built for redevelopment and they have said they expect it to bring something like £400million in to the local economy with in 5years which is good in my books
Any idea on who these businesses are?

In comparision, London is building the Bakerloo line extension and it will cost 3.1bn.

So for London to get 3 extra tube stations Sunderland could have built 30 new wear bridges.

It cost fuck all and the majority came from the national budget, the money could never have been used to pay for bin collections or to tidy up the town centre so give it the fuck up.

Investment in London is needed to get the tax contributors to work so less fortunate places can have heavily subsidised bridges

The previous Labour government pledged £97m, the Tories pulled it, delayed things (resulting in increased costs) then reinstated it at £15m less

And you've fallen for it hook line & sinker
Tories put the money in, just like the glass centre.
Zero in between the two, think about that one

Back