Wear crossing

I've seen many people slagging you off and have always wondered why, so thanks for clarifying that situation for me.

Now, instead of being an arse why don't YOU and @EDGE do something positive like give YOUR IDEAS for how things could be changed - instead of sitting there and just moaning like fishwives!
My idea is for a bridge that makes the land either side more easily accessible and therefore more appealing for investment

I've seen many people slagging you off and have always wondered why, so thanks for clarifying that situation for me.

Now, instead of being an arse why don't YOU and @EDGE do something positive like give YOUR IDEAS for how things could be changed - instead of sitting there and just moaning like fishwives!

Errr, you are the one that's complaining not me. I'm quite happy with the bridge.

Agree, one thing that makes me sad about Sunderland is the culture of blatant disrespect and contempt some have for public property and spaces, especially amongst the "yob" culture. Littering, graffiti, vandalism and outright damage of things for the hell of it.

I was in keel square the other day and one of the mast poles had been vandalized by some shit obviously stemming from the adjacent court, having scribbled "MY SON IS INNOCENT" in black marker across it.

Thankfully it's gone now, but it's really contemptuous what these people do to our city. From shit like this, to smashing up the glass on bus stops, the list goes on.
all over the NE mate. Its disgusting and needs tackling though. fine the parents and name and shame although some of these idiots will take it as a badge of honour.

Bridge is very mpressive by the way.

My idea is for a bridge that makes the land either side more easily accessible and therefore more appealing for investment
So you'd have been happy with the alternative originally proposed by Sunderland City Council - a plain flat beam bridge?

The original proposal for the bridge gives the reason it was built

A bridge between Wessington Way and Pallion is needed as part of a new route into central Sunderland, reducing traffic congestion, connecting major development and delivering new jobs. The crossing is the next phase in the Sunderland Strategic Transport Corridor (SSTC) project
Any regeneration along the route is mainly incidental - as shown by the council's statement on the SSTC, which doesn't give any new development zones along the route.
Sunderland Strategic Transport Corridor
The Sunderland strategic transport corridor is a planned continuous dual carriageway, linking land at the A19 to the Port of Sunderland.

Phase 1 - Improvements to St Mary's Way (work complete)
Phase 2 - New Wear Crossing (due to open to traffic in Spring 2018)
Phase 3 - Dual-carriageway linking the south end of the New Wear Crossing with St Mary's Way in the city centre (construction start planned for Winter 2018/19, open to traffic Spring 2021)
Phases 4 and 5 - Improvements on Wessington Way, between A19 and north end of new bridge and improvements to routes into the Port (no planned start dates currently)
The full route, including the new Wear crossing, will bring significant economic, regeneration and transport benefits to Sunderland and the wider North East region.
But then you don't read long articles so you can't properly engage in a grown up discussion can you?

I know, what's to become of me. :-(
:lol: You could always move into politics ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back