Wealth of the worlds 10 richest men has doubled during the Pandemic

raindog

Winger

Last edited:

"Oxfam's decision to measure the growth from the start of the pandemic, when global share prices plummeted, also skews the findings slightly.

If Oxfam had measured from just before the pandemic began, the growth would have been less pronounced."

The worlds gone mad we get a yearly property assessment from our local Government and my house has gone up 40%!

I have no idea how my kids will ever afford to buy a place at this rate its very worrying

"Oxfam's decision to measure the growth from the start of the pandemic, when global share prices plummeted, also skews the findings slightly.

If Oxfam had measured from just before the pandemic began, the growth would have been less pronounced."
want to finish off what was said.....

If Oxfam had measured from just before the pandemic began, the growth would have been less pronounced.
However, one of the report's authors Max Lawson told the BBC: "If you take the wealth of billionaires in mid-February 2020 instead, we estimate that the increase in the top ten richest men is more like 70% - which would still represent a record breaking increase, and something the like of which we have never seen before."

want to finish off what was said.....

If Oxfam had measured from just before the pandemic began, the growth would have been less pronounced.
However, one of the report's authors Max Lawson told the BBC: "If you take the wealth of billionaires in mid-February 2020 instead, we estimate that the increase in the top ten richest men is more like 70% - which would still represent a record breaking increase, and something the like of which we have never seen before."
Ok

"Wealth of the worlds 10 richest men has increased by 70% during the Pandemic"​

Back