we will be in championship north next season, if we are still here??

The arrogance of this post man...

We only deserve a place in a higher league if we earn it over the course of a season. We call the mags for their delusional thinking, this just smacks of pure delusion.

LOL

How man clubs actually stand for a set of principles and values recognised throughout society ?
How many clubs have quite literally 350,000 people who would die for it ?

I'm a teacher. As of September there will be no bubbles. Certainly not in primary schools. It's even harder to enforce a bubble at secondary school, they are either with their form for everything which is impossible with different subject choices or they abandon the idea of social distancing and bubbles.

Yes, but this means your original OP makes even less sense.

Like, we know a lot about how the virus works now and if there's one massive punt against the evidence they're going to take then it's going to be schools. They're not going to take another one - large gatherings - at the same time.

LOL

How man clubs actually stand for a set of principles and values recognised throughout society ?
How many clubs have quite literally 350,000 people who would die for it ?

Counts for fuck all.... The integrity of the pyramid league system is what matters, not size, wealth fan base, size of stadium etc etc of a club. Not that the EFL gave a shit about the integrity recently...!

No reason they can't sit people in football grounds using the same techniques as cinemas really. Just wear a face covering when you're not in your seat / safe-bubble

So 48,000 might become 20,000, that's still massively better than nowt.

They are already talking about this for rugby internationals in November and will almost certainly be the early model for the Premiership next season.

We must surely have a better shot at pulling it off than everyone else in our league. Donald will surely be allover it, for the £.

I think they may force a mini-lockdown round the stadium - shutting the pubs/concourse bars etc. so people don't congregate indoors. But the actual ground itself is outdoors and plenty of room, so has to be an option...

Last edited:
Yes, but this means your original OP makes even less sense.

Like, we know a lot about how the virus works now and if there's one massive punt against the evidence they're going to take then it's going to be schools. They're not going to take another one - large gatherings - at the same time.

My point was they will absolutely cave in to peer pressure and not follow the science. There is a reason the scientists stopped attending the briefings before they stopped being broadcast. This government is appealing to the masses and isn't afraid of putting people at risk.

My point was they will absolutely cave in to peer pressure and not follow the science. There is a reason the scientists stopped attending the briefings before they stopped being broadcast. This government is appealing to the masses and isn't afraid of putting people at risk.

They were back there today, so. On TV. They haven't stopped them entirely. They've just said they won't be doing them every day.

I mean, I take the wider point, I'm hold no candle for them - they're a bunch of arseholes who have massively fucked up. But they won't be letting us back in that early imo. Certainly not full capacity.

Last edited:
Christ alive. So 1 cog falls and 239 others are out for 14 days, then potentially their partners/parents are too. I'm not suggesting I have the answers but that seems wholly Impractical. With such a large number, how do you ensure that people aren't floating between bubbles. Kids will be kids.

I want what you are having.
We’ve all wanted it for years now. Good to see him back imho.
I would like to think so Sir Ricky .

Football survived 6 years of WWII because there wasn't as much money in it as there is now. Ironic to think that these days it may not survive just a few months suspension because there is so much money in it and some Clubs have a lot further to fall financially
Clubs weren’t paying wages during the war. If a club now has other outgoings it can’t manage for a while from its savings then it’s badly ran.

Last edited:

Back