'We were very close to not being here any more'

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the plane to our hols this year and we had a close miss...we'll in my opinion. During the flight I looked out the window and saw another passenger jet pass us only about a couple of hundred metres away...nearly shit myself.
Mind you it shows you how fast you are travelling when you have a point of reference close to you.

On the plane to our hols this year and we had a close miss...we'll in my opinion. During the flight I looked out the window and saw another passenger jet pass us only about a couple of hundred metres away...nearly shit myself.
Mind you it shows you how fast you are travelling when you have a point of reference close to you.
To be fair mate you were still taxiing to the runway.

To be fair mate you were still taxiing to the runway.
Yeah but the other plane was Air Canada

Reminds me of an exercise a few years ago. I was riding in a Luftwaffe A310 conducting some air to air refueling over Turkey. The pilots had to conduct a bit of evasive action thanks to air tragic, they brought it up in the debrief.
Not quite on that level of airprox but still.

Air to air refueling has the potential to be dodgy like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happened to me last week. Flight down to Southampton on Fly Maybe, looking out of the window in clear blue sky and a big FO jet fly right underneath us. Its hard to tell the distance but it looked as big as when you look out of the window in Ponteland airport lounge at the ones lined up along the gates.

They changed the spacing laws/regs a few year ago. It used to be 2000 vertical feet but because of traffic it's now down to 1000.

Reminds me of an exercise a few years ago. I was riding in a Luftwaffe A310 conducting some air to air refueling over Turkey. The pilots had to conduct a bit of evasive action thanks to air tragic, they brought it up in the debrief.
Not quite on that level of airprox but still.

Air to air refueling has the potential to be dodgy like.

Not when I used to do it ;)

They changed the spacing laws/regs a few year ago. It used to be 2000 vertical feet but because of traffic it's now down to 1000.

Increased accuracy of the RVSM equipment. By the book it's still 5000ft vertically and 5 miles laterally in Area without coordination. Terminal can go to 500ft in certain circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back