we value your privacy

This has started happening to me. Updated IOS on airbook and all of a sudden Im getting all these privacy notices. Doing me nut in

Cleared my browser data today and now I’m getting this all the time too. I’ll have a look at it properly over the next few days and see if I can work it out.

Is there anyone constantly getting this that isn’t using an Apple product? ie. Android or Windows?

I am begining to wonder if it is something to do with Apples latest changes to ‘protect privacy’ but don’t have anything to test it with.

And now it’s stopped again 😂
Is there anyone constantly getting this that isn’t using an Apple product? ie. Android or Windows?

I am begining to wonder if it is something to do with Apples latest changes to ‘protect privacy’ but don’t have anything to test it with.
I’m using and iPhone so can’t help with that. However, if it was what you’re suggesting I can’t think how it would rectify itself/be intermittent.

Last edited:
And now it’s stopped again 😂

I’m using and iPhone so can’t help with that. However, if it was what you’re suggesting I can’t think how it would rectify itself/be intermittent.

No, me neither. Its just odd that its started happening to a lot of people recently with no changes to the privacy code here.

It’s only happening with chrome on iOS for me, if I use safari it works no bother.

It’s only happening with chrome on iOS for me, if I use safari it works no bother.

Can you check which version of Chrome that is and let me know (and which version of iOS too)
Just been having a look around to find any info on this issue, I don't really understand what these are talking about but it sounds like the same sort of issue. Topic: Cookie banner won't go away :( | WordPress.com Forums

Yes, speaking to other website owners it is a common problem across lots of sites. The issue is trying to find out the causes and why some people get it all of the time, some get it some of the time and others (like me) have no issues at all.

There are that many variations of different browsers and operating systems out there and they are changing all of the time, especially with how they handle privacy/cookies/tracking.

Last edited:
Can you check which version of Chrome that is and let me know (and which version of iOS too)

Chrome is latest (77.0.3865.103)
iOS is 12.3.1. I’ve got 13.1.1 waiting so that may help.

I might clear browser history in safari and see what happens...only problem is I don’t want it to do the same there. :lol:

Using a Blackberry Keyone, Firefox , Android 8.1.0. Happens just about daily for me. Cleared cookies last week and after one day it started happening again. It also affects my BBC News and BBC Sports sites.

Yup. Win 10. Opera browser. Harrowing from time to time for weeks

I’m using Chrome on iOS and it’s happening every time I open a new page :cry:
Me too, any fix as this has just started to happen to me and I have done nothing different to warrant the change?

I don't get it constantly but it does pop up every few days or so. It's just happened right now as I accessed the site for the first time today.

Windows 10 Home 64. Chrome version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit). Tethered via USB to Samsung Galaxy 5 using EE 4G network.

I don't get it constantly but it does pop up every few days or so. It's just happened right now as I accessed the site for the first time today.

Windows 10 Home 64. Chrome version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit). Tethered via USB to Samsung Galaxy 5 using EE 4G network.

As stated above, it should only happen every 30 days unless you clear cookies/change browser/go incognito/run adblockers etc.

I am no nearer being able to determine the problem or offer a solution as I don't see it myself and there doesn't seem to be any clear pattern or solution amongst those that are seeing it. Unfortunately not something that can be removed from the site whilst remaining legal or until finding a suitable alternative. A large number of sites (probably the majority) are using the same "Quantcast" dialogue/solution as us.

Back