we value your privacy

every time i change page or thread i get "we value your privacy" box. any solution
Other people were having this issue and it was sorted eventually but I cant find the thread in the help desk. Most people don't have this issue so what operating system/device are you using?

Bet your the world hide n seek champion...
oi this part of the forum is for help using the site get yourself back to parsnip fella if you cant offer any sensible help

Are you using incognito or private mode browsing or denying use of cookies?

Nothing has changed on the site recently that would cause this issue and incognito or denying cookies is the normal reason you would see the message. The message should normally only be seen once every 30 days.

By law, we have to show the notice to any new users before we can store cookies on your device (and some cookies such as the logon one are essential to use the site). Ironically, the only way we can tell if you are a new user or not is by storing a cookie on your device so if you decline them or remove them at the end of a session you will get the message.

I know with iOS you occasionally have to clear all cookies as Safari can get its knickers in a twist, so it might be worth you trying that on macOS too (you will lose all other cookies from other websites too if you clear all cookies, but try removing just RTG ones first).

removed RTG made no difference. Reluctant to remove all.

would removing my account and opening up a new one stop the annoyance ?

Last edited:
removed RTG made no difference. Reluctant to remove all.

would removing my account and opening up a new one stop the annoyance ?

No. It isn't stored on your account at all - you will get the same if you are logged off if you wish to test it that way.

I’m using Chrome on iOS and it’s happening every time I open a new page :cry:
iPhone or iPad? Which colour scheme are you using? I’m using the default (red & white) one and it’s working fine.

Try deleting all browsing data - Settings / Privacy / Clear Browsing Data. Close app and relaunch.

Failing that try deleting Chrome & reinstalling.

iPhone or iPad? Which colour scheme are you using? I’m using the default (red & white) one and it’s working fine.

Try deleting all browsing data - Settings / Privacy / Clear Browsing Data. Close app and relaunch.

Failing that try deleting Chrome & reinstalling.
iPhone with the default skin.

I’ve been on 4g all day, but on WiFi now and it’s working fine 🤔

Glad it is working again for you. You aren't alone in sometimes experiencing the problem and it would be nice to find the cause(s).

Nothing has changed on the site recently that would cause this issue and incognito or denying cookies is the normal reason you would see the message. The message should normally only be seen once every 30 days.

By law, we have to show the notice to any new users before we can store cookies on your device (and some cookies such as the logon one are essential to use the site). Ironically, the only way we can tell if you are a new user or not is by storing a cookie on your device so if you decline them or remove them at the end of a session you will get the message.

I know with iOS you occasionally have to clear all cookies as Safari can get its knickers in a twist, so it might be worth you trying that on macOS too (you will lose all other cookies from other websites too if you clear all cookies, but try removing just RTG ones first).

Exactly what I use and do

Back