we value your privacy

As stated above, it should only happen every 30 days unless you clear cookies/change browser/go incognito/run adblockers etc.

I am no nearer being able to determine the problem or offer a solution as I don't see it myself and there doesn't seem to be any clear pattern or solution amongst those that are seeing it. Unfortunately not something that can be removed from the site whilst remaining legal or until finding a suitable alternative. A large number of sites (probably the majority) are using the same "Quantcast" dialogue/solution as us.
It happens everytime I go on a new page. Granted it maybe a chrome issue with your website but it is ruining my experience of using readytogo. I’m am not incognito or blocking cookies so I have no idea how to fix it. I won’t be getting on here much if at all in the future as it is a right pain.

It happens everytime I go on a new page. Granted it maybe a chrome issue with your website but it is ruining my experience of using readytogo. I’m am not incognito or blocking cookies so I have no idea how to fix it. I won’t be getting on here much if at all in the future as it is a right pain.

Can you confirm the versions of iOS and Chrome you are using please?

IOS is 13.1.3 the latest one as far as I know and Chrome is 77.0.3865.103 no idea about that though

Just upgraded my iPad to the same versions and it has given me something to go on.

In regular mode it works fine, no popups, but in incognito mode I get the popup after every page. That shouldn't happen - I should be getting the popup each time I open a new icognito window, but not after each page.

What is really odd is that I only upgraded iOS, not Chrome, but the behaviour of Chrome changed.

Just upgraded my iPad to the same versions and it has given me something to go on.

In regular mode it works fine, no popups, but in incognito mode I get the popup after every page. That shouldn't happen - I should be getting the popup each time I open a new icognito window, but not after each page.

What is really odd is that I only upgraded iOS, not Chrome, but the behaviour of Chrome changed.
I’m baffled as to what’s happening. I use normal chrome not incognito and I get the pop up every page on the rtg site. It doesn’t happen with other sites.

I’m baffled as to what’s happening. I use normal chrome not incognito and I get the pop up every page on the rtg site. It doesn’t happen with other sites.

Yes, an update - I cleared all browsing data in chrome and then the problem started happening in the normal mode too. Obviously before I had cleared the data, the RTG GDPR cookie was already on the iPad , once I had cleared it something between either chrome/ios is blocking that cookie being stored again.

At least I can reproduce it now, so I will investigate further in the morning.

---------

It is actually happening on the Quantcast Choice website too GDPR Consent Management Solutions for Publishers, Advertisers & Agencies. so its not just our implementation of it - I have reported it to them and awaiting a response.

I am also looking for alternative solutions - but the cheapest commercial solution I have found so far is £1644 + VAT :eek: per annum.

Meanwhile I have resorted back to the default cookie acceptance dialogue which appears to work for me.

I don't think it is actually 100% GDPR compliant so obviously that can't stay like that indefinitely but it is more than most forums seem to have in place!

Last edited:
I have changed nothing on my phone but it appears to be working fine now. I think the only difference my end is that I’m not using WiFi army the moment

I have changed nothing on my phone but it appears to be working fine now. I think the only difference my end is that I’m not using WiFi army the moment

No - re-read above, I have resorted back to the default cookie acceptance dialogue (its not the Quantcast one I was using which is fully compliant).

If you go to the main site Ready To Go – Supporting Sunderland AFC rather than the forums you will almost certainly still get the issue.

Back