We value your privacy message stuck on desktop

I have not managed to reproduce the problem on a mac either. Just upgrading to Big Sur 11.6 now to see if that makes any difference (Posting this from mac and chrome with no issues).

Can those of you having problems have a look at Virtual Sunderland (not the forum link as that brings you back here!) and let me know if you see the problem there? Its using exactly the same cookie validation software so will give me some more clues depending whether you have a problem there or not (you will obviously get the popup on first access, but if you accept terms you shouldn't see it on subsequent visits/page accesses)
Apologies for the late reply but I clicked this link at work and yes it’s the same problem I have on here. I can still access the forums on chrome at work so not really a problem but yeah, not working on edge

I don't know what levers you've pulled at your end but the problem seems to have been resolved. For now anyway, fingers crossed ;)

Thanks.

I have not changed anything, and the code from Quantcast hasn't changed since September either.
Apologies for the late reply but I clicked this link at work and yes it’s the same problem I have on here. I can still access the forums on chrome at work so not really a problem but yeah, not working on edge

It is all very bizarre - Chrome and the current versions of Edge are essentially the same thing underneath, both based on Chromium.

Last edited:
I have not changed anything, and the code from Quantcast hasn't changed since September either.

It is all very bizarre - Chrome and the current versions of Edge are essentially the same thing underneath, both based on Chromium.

I wonder if it's anything to do with this, which I found after a massive amount of Googling:

I was getting "site not secure" alerts from several websites on my Macs. I changed the certificates on them as per the instructions in the link and things improved immediately.

Unfortunately I can't do this on my old iPad, which is still getting a privacy alert from RTG. Annoyingly, this doesn't go away when I click on it, so I'm effectively locked out on that device.

Back