We need to spend.

What rules say we have to reduce our wage bill?
Rules or not. There's still the risk we are saddled with Ndong, Kone, khazri and Djiloboji for the season. To pay their wages and spend more is unsustainable, it's thinking like that which got us into this mess in the first place. The most important thing this season is to get on a sound financial footing. Not gamble it all on getting back to the premiership in 2 seasons

Utter nonsense that statement and it will be the stick many will beat them with this season. I would vacate Twatter immediately if I was them
You know the transfer window isn't closed yet don't you?

Told we could.
Made bids for players , but so far only free transfers ( needed for the numbers )

We want out of this league, we NEED to pay for quality. Simple as that.

And it’s not that early all things considering ....
Only about 5 teams in England have spent any money so far this window. It's only just started. Now is when the real transfer activity kicks off.

Bide your passion. A lot will happen between now and August 9th.

Told we could.
Made bids for players , but so far only free transfers ( needed for the numbers )

We want out of this league, we NEED to pay for quality. Simple as that.

And it’s not that early all things considering ....
High earners need shifting first.

Haven't you heard or read a single thing that the new owners have said?

Only about 5 teams in England have spent any money so far this window. It's only just started. Now is when the real transfer activity kicks off.

Bide your passion. A lot will happen between now and August 9th.

We all know it will , but that means we are going in underprepared. Again.

We do need investment, no one doubts that. It doesn't have to be transfer fees although I think a couple of million spent on central defence and up front would make a big difference.
Before Asoro was definitely leaving I thought we needed two strikers, two centre halves and a midfielder that has height and physicality. I pretty much still think that with the possibility of needing a winger.
I think the lads we've signed will all do a job, now need to add a bit of quality. McLaughlin and Geouch should shine in this league. I've a feeling Maguire will surprise us, his last chance at a big club and he should be well up for it. Flanagan and James will be useful and good enough for where we are. Even before today I thought Ozturk might be a bit of a conundrum, I'm not convinced he'll be a great defender but he'll be a bit of a cult hero and score the odd worldy. The next few in will depend on getting shot of a few I suspect but I think they'll be the " bigger" signings.

He said that he was assuming to get the wage bill around £12m. If its at £17m we need three more high earners leaving. Looks like Kazhri is the first, and a large transfer fee helps.

I imagine Kone will be gone soon too.

Rules or not. There's still the risk we are saddled with Ndong, Kone, khazri and Djiloboji for the season. To pay their wages and spend more is unsustainable, it's thinking like that which got us into this mess in the first place. The most important thing this season is to get on a sound financial footing. Not gamble it all on getting back to the premiership in 2 seasons

You know the transfer window isn't closed yet don't you?
That has to be balanced with getting out of the league though, being financially sustainable is a great aim, however I’m not sure how achievable it is at this level. Can we afford to run a cat A academy and a ground like ours on league one money?
There has to be a balance and the new owners are potentially facing some tough decisions if we don’t shifts couple of the big earners soon.

Back