We need Paolo

I loved the man, a true eccentric, but as Manager? no thanks

This.

That day was one of the best of my life so far.
From getting off the team bus he took the utter piss out of them in every way possible.
Each of the screamers were made more sweet by Paolo sliding up and down the touchline and losing his shit.
The icing on the cake was him slapping every player on the back of the head before standing in front of us, fist pumping and winding the remaining mags up to within an inch of their life.

Build a statue of the mad bastard.

I think PDC in Div 3 may work as he could mould young lads, set high standards and build a team.

With hindsight way more difficult in the Premier League..especially with the culture we know was there at the time. He never had a chance.

OP obviously a Trump type supporter, what did paulo do for us? Wontwo games then lost every one after. Playing a defensive high line with slow defenders showed how eak his tactics were

I’d take him back now and I think he is likely more suited to the lower leagues than a run of the mill Premiership side. It’s clear that he likes a regimented team with lots of discipline and the lads we had in the team in 2013 were all on massive salaries with little to gain from his coaching, in the current team I’d say players like O’Nien, Hume and Dobson could improve a lot if they’ve the character to buy into his philosophies.

Back