We may lose mobile signal for two weeks

That would be completely shit and those companies would die very quickly.

There's nothing wrong with people taking selfies or being on their phones. I don't understand why people get annoyed by it, it doesn't have any impact on you.

The only time I can think of it being a pain in the arse is at gigs as it can block your view and knacker your experience. The rest of the time it's just background noise really.
Are you a millennial?

Are you middle aged? ;)
We may joke but that is what it is. Millennials think it's fine and don't see it as rude. Us middle aged (guess I'm almost there!) folk see it as bad manners and rude! My other half (no) is a bit younger than me and the arguments we've had over phone usage is ridiculous! God help us with the next generation!!

So potentially, should the warnings of everyone except China themselves be correct, a foreign power likely has the capability to shut down our communications for "two weeks". If it was a planned switch off. Awesome.

We may joke but that is what it is. Millennials think it's fine and don't see it as rude. Us middle aged (guess I'm almost there!) folk see it as bad manners and rude! My other half (no) is a bit younger than me and the arguments we've had over phone usage is ridiculous! God help us with the next generation!!
Funny you say that. Mine is 6 yrs younger. Am convinced something happened in that 6 year span where she obsesses about her phone and it just irritates me

Sure the conspiracy nuts will lap this up 😂
The endgame of 5G. This is it folks, they're replacing the old transmitters in preparation. Buy as much tinfoil as you can and do not, repeat do not under any circumstances do anything the twisted shills of the mainstream, scientifically driven, medical profession tell you. :lol:
The mad bastards.
Who you trying to kid? It’s Irretrievably ruined nights out.
Mainly for racist American coppers. :lol:
Are you middle aged? ;)
Pow, right in the kisser. :lol:

Last edited:
Other people in the pub being on their phones or taking selfies has ruined nights out for you?
Clearly you are too young to remember the joy of nights out without people looking at their phones while pretending to listen to you, where nothing was caught on camera, where missing the meeting time meant visiting every pub in order until you found them, where your lass couldn’t find you ;)

Cannot argue with a reasoned argument like that

The times article focussed on masts I seem to recall.
This is part of The Times article

Britain will suffer mobile phone blackouts — where parts of the country could lose a signal for up to a fortnight — if Boris Johnson orders telecoms giants to rip out equipment from the Chinese supplier Huawei.

Two of Britain’s biggest companies, BT and Vodafone, are lobbying fiercely against moves by some Conservative MPs to ban Huawei entirely by 2023.
Haway are ok man trump was wanting the Chinese to help him win the next election
Nhs covid app wont work
Will only work with an acorn computer

Other people in the pub being on their phones or taking selfies has ruined nights out for you?
I get what he's saying, we have mates that complain we never go out as a large group enough anymore, but then on the rare occasion we do, they just spend their afternoon/night on facebook and it ends up boring as fuck.

Gambling sites aswell, the ammount of time I go to mates house or pub to watch a match and they are all not even watching it and just constantly placing bets or checking whether they should cash out or not and telling others on facebook about their wins or how they were one goal away from winning a huge ammount

Last edited:
God how will people stare at Facebook or flick through Instagram liking photos of people even though they’ve gone through that quick they don’t even look at them.

That would be completely shit and those companies would die very quickly.

There's nothing wrong with people taking selfies or being on their phones. I don't understand why people get annoyed by it, it doesn't have any impact on you.

The only time I can think of it being a pain in the arse is at gigs as it can block your view and knacker your experience. The rest of the time it's just background noise really.
I agree with all that for other people but if I am with mates the use of phones is a pain. Just call anyone using one a phone wanker.
Anyone filming a gig should be beaten up and thrown out of the venue.

people could film it on their phones and upload it so that other people could watch it on their phones.

Back