We may lose mobile signal for two weeks

Clearly you are too young to remember the joy of nights out without people looking at their phones while pretending to listen to you, where nothing was caught on camera, where missing the meeting time meant visiting every pub in order until you found them, where your lass couldn’t find you ;)
This, when you get back from a close-enough away match, give up, and then bump into the twats you’ve been looking for when you’re half pissed.
The days when only lasses took pictures on a night out. With a camera. One of them 110 ones. Proper photobombing then by the way.

I agree with all that for other people but if I am with mates the use of phones is a pain. Just call anyone using one a phone wanker.
Anyone filming a gig should be beaten up and thrown out of the venue.

I'm fortunate enough to have a group of friends rarely on their phones. If there's the odd time they're on it too much you just rip the piss out of them until it goes back in the pocket. It's a problem that is either exaggerated on here or other people have shit mates with phone addictions.

I'm fortunate enough to have a group of friends rarely on their phones. If there's the odd time they're on it too much you just rip the piss out of them until it goes back in the pocket. It's a problem that is either exaggerated on here or other people have shit mates with phone addictions.
About the same here. The gig one is more annoying but to be honest I am sure my gig etiquette can take a dive when I'm pissed.

This, when you get back from a close-enough away match, give up, and then bump into the twats you’ve been looking for when you’re half pissed.
The days when only lasses took pictures on a night out. With a camera. One of them 110 ones. Proper photobombing then by the way.

When people left disposable ones lying round by the pool I knew mates (cough) whod take a photo of their arse (or worse) and then wind the film on one. Being in the developing lab at boots must have had its moments.

Or when asked by a hen party for a group photo deliberately cut all their heads off.

Probably (definitely) childish but was funny at the time.

Cannot argue with a reasoned argument like that

The times article focussed on masts I seem to recall.
This is part of The Times article

Britain will suffer mobile phone blackouts — where parts of the country could lose a signal for up to a fortnight — if Boris Johnson orders telecoms giants to rip out equipment from the Chinese supplier Huawei.

Two of Britain’s biggest companies, BT and Vodafone, are lobbying fiercely against moves by some Conservative MPs to ban Huawei entirely by 2023.

Vodafone went down the other week i think from what i read online from an anonymous source

Back