We may lose mobile signal for two weeks

Big Jeff

Winger
If we have to remove the Hooareweee guys mobile stuff we may lose signal for 2 weeks according to The Times.

The youth will all melt if they don’t have their phones 📱

It would do the country good if people didn't have social media 24/7 at their fingertips.

Should have more signal blockers in place around, restaurants etc (when they're open again!) Imagine the masses taking selfies saying look at me I'm in a restaurant again... God help us.

That would be completely shit and those companies would die very quickly.

There's nothing wrong with people taking selfies or being on their phones. I don't understand why people get annoyed by it, it doesn't have any impact on you.

The only time I can think of it being a pain in the arse is at gigs as it can block your view and knacker your experience. The rest of the time it's just background noise really.

Cannot argue with a reasoned argument like that
If you are using fibre broadband, there is a very high probability the cabinet you are connected to will be using Huawei equipment too. I wonder if we are planning on removing that?
The times article focussed on masts I seem to recall.
This is part of The Times article

Britain will suffer mobile phone blackouts — where parts of the country could lose a signal for up to a fortnight — if Boris Johnson orders telecoms giants to rip out equipment from the Chinese supplier Huawei.

Two of Britain’s biggest companies, BT and Vodafone, are lobbying fiercely against moves by some Conservative MPs to ban Huawei entirely by 2023.

Last edited:
If you are using fibre broadband, there is a very high probability the cabinet you are connected to will be using Huawei equipment too. I wonder if we are planning on removing that?
My mate is a fitter and reckons pretty much all of them have it in. And have done for years.

That would be completely shit and those companies would die very quickly.

There's nothing wrong with people taking selfies or being on their phones. I don't understand why people get annoyed by it, it doesn't have any impact on you.

The only time I can think of it being a pain in the arse is at gigs as it can block your view and knacker your experience. The rest of the time it's just background noise really.
Who you trying to kid? It’s Irretrievably ruined nights out.

Back