'we can build a “Uruguayan” club in England, that with claw can compete with the best in the world'

Status
Not open for further replies.

It might even be longer than that for me tbh, I'm 30 so I grew up when the attitude era was on the TV, it was f***ing ace.

The only bit that I've ever watched back and thought "shit, that's a bit much" is when the rock smacks the fuck out of mankind during that I quit match - yeoch :eek:

Aye I’m the same - watching some of that makes me queasy :lol:

Head shots with chairs and stuff. Nee need! Never used to mind a bit of blading but looking at people like New Jack now.....they can’t be right in the head.

Uruguay is a great country and the most overcheiving football nation ever.
Which team has won the most continental and/or world cups ever? Brazil? Germany? No - its Uruguay, thanks to 15 Copa America titles vs Brazil´s puny 8.
Literally the most successful country ever at football and they have a smaller population than Yorkshire.

Think they are only good at football? Think again.
It is the most peaceful and libertarian Latin country. The government works well for the people, taking only 22% tax. The country has good social services, health care, education standards and is the banking capital of Latin America.

The interior produces excellent beef, vegetables, wine and grappa miel (sweet delicious liquer). Craft beer is also pretty good. Cabezas - British style ale and Volcanica - Belgian thogh you can get Hobgoblin and Fullers quite cheap in the duty free.
Nice to go horse-riding and quadbiking, and it has some of the best beaches in Latin America, including upscale city beach Pocitos, jetset Punta del Este, hippy Cabo Polonia, and the surf paradise, Punta del Diablo, popular Rocha and World Heritage Colonia del Sacramento.

Locals and visitors enjoy great wine, party and bbq culture in a chilled out, permissive, not expensive sun-drenched country of duty free and no fux given.

I like it so much I quite often live there in the summer. Highly recommended - 500 times better than any Spanish resort. Juan and I will see you there.

Uruguay is a great country and the most overcheiving football nation ever.
Which team has won the most continental and/or world cups ever? Brazil? Germany? No - its Uruguay, thanks to 15 Copa America titles vs Brazil´s puny 8.
Literally the most successful country ever at football and they have a smaller population than Yorkshire.

Think they are only good at football? Think again.
It is the most peaceful and libertarian Latin country. The government works well for the people, taking only 22% tax. The country has good social services, health care, education standards and is the banking capital of Latin America.

The interior produces excellent beef, vegetables, wine and grappa miel (sweet delicious liquer). Craft beer is also pretty good. Cabezas - British style ale and Volcanica - Belgian thogh you can get Hobgoblin and Fullers quite cheap in the duty free.
Nice to go horse-riding and quadbiking, and it has some of the best beaches in Latin America, including upscale city beach Pocitos, jetset Punta del Este, hippy Cabo Polonia, and the surf paradise, Punta del Diablo, popular Rocha and World Heritage Colonia del Sacramento.

Locals and visitors enjoy great wine, party and bbq culture in a chilled out, permissive, not expensive sun-drenched country of duty free and no fux given.

I like it so much I quite often live there in the summer. Highly recommended - 500 times better than any Spanish resort. Juan and I will see you there.
Thanks Juan good insight can I wish you all the best at safc on behalf of all safc fans

Brilliant interview.
Said on here during the World Cup that the attitude of Uruguay would make the perfect Sunderland team in terms of what most of us want and value; passion, tenacity, strength, skill, absolute fuck you determination, underdogs who win. Haway “the claw”.

Google translate fail by the look of it
No - he said that on purpose I reckon. It really is a genuine term for the Uruguayan football philosophy. Read it somewhere during the World Cup.

Brilliant interview.
Said on here during the World Cup that the attitude of Uruguay would make the perfect Sunderland team in terms of what most of us want and value; passion, tenacity, strength, skill, absolute fuck you determination, underdogs who win. Haway “the claw”.

No - he said that on purpose I reckon. It really is a genuine term for the Uruguayan football philosophy. Read it somewhere during the World Cup.

You can read about it on another thread on page 1 here.

In Spanish there is the adjective "garra", which best tranlates as fight, tough or just plain Yorkshire grit.

Garra as a noun means a claw - hence the google mistranslate.

The Uruguayans are renowned for their grittiness and fight ( Suarez).

Love it :cool:

That wont matter soon as were leaving the eu

We are leaving the EU to 'take back control of our borders mate' not to relax the laws and let loads of South Americans in.

If Brexit means anything, then surely it means making immigration from pretty much everywhere far MORE difficult not easier, or have I missed something?

I did not vote for Brexit by the way.

To see this club play in the champions league would be the absolute pinnacle should they achieve it

Not going to happen without stupendous investment and several planetary systems aligning.

But to get to Europe by league or cup is not a ridiculous target given list of clubs that have managed it in last 15 year.

Oxford supporters have got to be mega gutted that they turned these guys down. I know some aren't convinced but Juan and the lads are in this for big time success, not to kick around L1 or even the Champ.

As he's said you don't get opportunities to buy into a big time club on the cheap very often.

In car terms he's buying a misfiring Porsche. Stuttering and crap, but it's still a Porsche, and once its repaired it's going to be class.

Er... I'll get my coat...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back