'we can build a “Uruguayan” club in England, that with claw can compete with the best in the world'

The bloke is obviously nuts about football and can't believe his luck that he bought in to a big club like safc for peanuts.

When you look at how much a club like the mags are going for, 400 million you can see why he's excited at buying in to safc it's possible if things go well for us he could be owner of a big Premier league club in a few seasons.

He obviously has a lot of ambition and is very wealthy and very well connected in football. Let's just hope we can go up this season because I think the next few seasons the magic carpet might just get an airing
All of this could demote Quinnys magic carpet ride to an off-cut ride.

I genuinely wish you luck but if that interview had come from up the road you would be all over it as delusional bullsh@t. It makes me think of John Hall’s “Geordie nation” rubbish...

I genuinely wish you luck but if that interview had come from up the road you would be all over it as delusional bullsh@t. It makes me think of John Hall’s “Geordie nation” rubbish...
Difference is this doesn’t come across anything like the delusional bullsh*t steaming out of your club’s orifices any time they need to get the fans back onside i.e. false transfer rumours during renewal season. This interview shows an excitement but a sense of nous by accepting it won’t be quick fix, but the potential reward from investment was too much to turn down. It’s hardly ground-breaking stuff...

Difference is this doesn’t come across anything like the delusional bullsh*t steaming out of your club’s orifices any time they need to get the fans back onside i.e. false transfer rumours during renewal season. This interview shows an excitement but a sense of nous by accepting it won’t be quick fix, but the potential reward from investment was too much to turn down. It’s hardly ground-breaking stuff...

Correct. All the way through he says it’s a long term fix, there’ll be bad results and he’ll have difficult times.

The director(?) of the club saying in an interview he’s ambitious and he wants us to compete but that there are going to be difficult spells sounds about right.

Chanting at a shop window and suggesting a protest by going into Sports Direct, taking something to the counter then demanding to have it on loan instead of buying it is anything but...

It's nice to know there's a plan. I know some will question why Sartori isn't just bankrolling us now to guarantee promotion back to the PL but I think this longterm vision is way more sustainable and allows us to grow together.

It shouldn't take huge investment to get us out of league one, it will take a decent chunk to get us out of the Championship but we need to keep our powder dry as much as possible for the eventual, assuming it happens, return to the Pl otherwise we'll be in the same mess as before.

If we can get back in the top league with a team made up largely of good young players on the rise who genuinely care about SAFC because they've been part of two previous successful campaigns then we'd be in a great position to add to that. Rather than going up with a load of mercenaries who are here for the money and will jump ship at the first sign of a better offer.

I like the idea of a Uruguayan presence in the academy too.

Back