We are on the telly today 27/1/22

I love how there was a load of uncertainty over whether that was a freekick or a penalty, when the foul was about 2 yards outside the box! 😄

In the intro cracking save from Monty and Denis Tuearts classic goal for Man city v the skunks in the league cup final.
😎

We couldn't win an argument at the start of the season, but in 1977 (after the New Year) things got better and we started scoring for fun at home it seemed. If I am right, didn't we hammer Middlesbrough in the February and it went on from there (Bob Lee and Mel Holden up top).

We couldn't win an argument at the start of the season, but in 1977 (after the New Year) things got better and we started scoring for fun at home it seemed. If I am right, didn't we hammer Middlesbrough in the February and it went on from there (Bob Lee and Mel Holden up top).
Around Feb or March 77 we had 4 home games in a row. beat Bristol City 1-0 on a Friday night. 21000 in RP pissin down. Following Saturday beat Middlesbrough 4-0 then on the Tuesday WBA 6-1 and on the Saturday West Ham 6-0. Amazing times. Gary Rowell, Shaun Elliott and Kevin Arnott had just been brought in and we were brilliant. Sadly went down when we lost final game to Everton 2-0 and the infamous Bristol City Coventry 2-2 draw thanks to Jimmy Hill. I had my first season ticket in the clock stand seats just 15 years old.

Back