We are not going up with Ross.....

Personally (and I said it last season) I dont think he can take us up. People seem to think he is.going to have an epiphany during the break and become a master tactician. His tactics last season were questionable, in fact more wins were due to individual bits of skill than his tactics. He couldnt think of a plan b when managers changed their systems (checkatrade final is a perfect example) and seemed like a rabbit in the headlights. His style of football was lets be.honest f***ing awful. His signings have been pretty much woeful too. I'll give him this season but personally I think we are in for more of the same, hope I'm wrong like.

Personally (and I said it last season) I dont think he can take us up. People seem to think he is.going to have an epiphany during the break and become a master tactician. His tactics last season were questionable, in fact more wins were due to individual bits of skill than his tactics. He couldnt think of a plan b when managers changed their systems (checkatrade final is a perfect example) and seemed like a rabbit in the headlights. His style of football was lets be.honest f***ing awful. His signings have been pretty much woeful too. I'll give him this season but personally I think we are in for more of the same, hope I'm wrong like.
Nothing will change

Given most of the personel will be the same and the manager/board have not invested yet again in pace going forward then it will be just rinse and repeat of last season. We will only see Embleton Kimpioka and Watmore sparingly IMO. Lack of goals will be the problem and we are completely stuck with Wyke/Grigg

Exactly, people seem to think every friendly is about tinkering and just a run out for fitness. I actually see them as a rehearsal for the big day, and so far we need a lot more practice before were ready.

If we don't hit the ground running I would be looking at replacing Ross sooner rather than later.

The number of successful concerts I've sung in where the final rehearsal has been an absolute shambles .......

The amazing thing about this numpties post , is he actually got 6 likes :rolleyes: , this board man its full of tarts.

Look at who was doing the liking. People still pining for Di Canio, some who wanted him sacked the day before he started, and WUMs.

Last edited:
Come on here and moan like fuck about it whilst doing nothing that requires any more effort than tapping a keyboard marra.

To be fair I’ve just gave the club £1400 and I wasn’t really expecting what’s followed since. While the ink on the cheque was drying all I could hear was “100 points” and once it had been cashed it was “one out, one in”

That’s a metaphorical cheque btw :lol:

Last edited:
I want Mr Ross to be a success . While he is our manager he should be backed 100%
A lot of our recent signings have been very poor if he is responsible for that then it’s not good and the owners stupid statement re 100 points won’t help him.
I hope he can turn it around, I have to say I doubt he can.

Logon or register to see this image

:cool: Top spot this season

seen this stat thrown around a lot recently, can't really see what relevance it has to our current situation. we have pretty much the same team, same system, same squad, same coaches and same manager as the second half of last season, so there is absolutely nothing to suggest that this coming season won't be anything different. unless i have missed something, or something is going to change drastically in the next two weeks

Interesting stats posted by Mobile Mackem on Twitter...

Jack Ross' league win percentage record:

Alloa Athletic: - Season 1 - 11%; Season 2 - 63%
St. Mirren: - Season 1 - 32%; Season 2 - 64%
Sunderland: - Season 1 - 48% - Season 2 - ???

...and the inevitable question, Ross's league draw record:

Alloa Athletic: - Season 1 - 37%; Season 2 - 11%
St. Mirren: - Season 1 - 29%; Season 2 - 14%
Sunderland: - Season 1 - 41%; Season 2 - ???

Different context of course but massive improvement in second season.

Mobile Mackem on Twitter

Back