WDSC RBS Sunderland gone, the Tipsy Cow gone,

I think I got mixed up as @Ambivalent Squirrel dropped in on a question I asked about the rosedene, but he was talking about the central obviously. So I apologise to you both. Nee the wonder call me thick!!!

crossed wires indeed there. Can confirm that the netty in the Rosedene is indeed rotten. That curved coloured urinal is a thing of absolute mystery. Got to say i’ve never really noticed a problem with cooking smells/fat in there mind, it’s a place I’m in fairly regular.

So it’s the Rosedene getting the wedge spent on it? Didn’t it all get done out not so long since? (with the curious omission of the toilets) Would make sense to try and use that space at the front, seems chronically underused

How old were you when it was the Central? It was the Tavern when I was about 18. I reckon you protest too much. ;)
Don’t know mate ,remember it as the central and the board outside that hung off the wall had a painting of the traffic crossing the town bridge (when the bridge was red )

Sounds obvious but I recon they should just concentrate getting more people living in the city centre for now. Whether that's students or regular residents. Since the Vaux site won't be finished anytime soon, it needs a boost.
High streets are struggling across the country with online sales. It really shows the strategy of concentrating retail as the main sector is flawed.

The Central up until around the turn of the century (21st, not 20th). Used to be a Cameron's house iirc back in the 80's.

Always been the Central to me like - from the 70's onwards.
A good pub on the route which started down at Polly's, then the Caledonian,the Imperial Vaults, Garricks Head - and the Central after that.
Then onto the Upper Deck, Gannet, Londonderry, Black Bull, Dun Cow and the Greens.:cool:

crossed wires indeed there. Can confirm that the netty in the Rosedene is indeed rotten. That curved coloured urinal is a thing of absolute mystery. Got to say i’ve never really noticed a problem with cooking smells/fat in there mind, it’s a place I’m in fairly regular.

So it’s the Rosedene getting the wedge spent on it? Didn’t it all get done out not so long since? (with the curious omission of the toilets) Would make sense to try and use that space at the front, seems chronically underused
Aye it only got repainted really about 4 year ago and the tables and chairs swapped from one room to the other.
Needs to be overhauled this time like.

It's weird as owt that mysterious bulge in it at the far wall. I bet they'll revamp it and find a body buried behind there.

Back